Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stewardship Schemes.  (Read 2371 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: November 03, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »

Heres one for you all, can you still detect on ELS/HLS schemes when farmers sign up to them, I lost one farm 7years ago because the farmer thought he can not allow detecting? and he has signed up for 10 years Sad Another farm seems not to worry?. Look forward to your advice Wink
roger g

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »

I don't know if its any different in Wales to England I don't think so my boss is in those schemes I asked him once he said that there was no mention of metaldetecting so I think its another way of saying no I've come across this once when I explained I worked on a farm he said come back when the crops are of  Grin

DIARY2013 ROGER G Deus V2   ELAINE G  Deus V2
hammered 21
roman silver 1

www.detecting-in-england.com
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 12:37:21 PM »

The stewardship scheme can have some limitations in the higher level version, these are usually in reference to field boundaries on arable land, the scheme can also apply to known archaeological features, the farmer being paid not to plough them and I would imagine that detecting is also dealt with.
But as far as I'm aware, rallies are the only specific limitation and this is not a ban outright but application has to be made to hold them.
So on the surface it looks as if your getting the brush off, though the higher level scheme is tailor made for each individual farm so without reading the clauses you couldn't be sure.
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »

I believe when the Stewardship scheme was first started, it was stated that Metal detecting was prohibited. Pursuits such as horse riding, fishing and many more were allowed. Again I believe that the NCMD forced through a reversal. However, the brochures had all been printed and sent out to the farmers. Instead of recalling and reprinting the brochures an addendum was sent out. How many of these were received or even sent out is anyone's guess. Some farmers may have received the addendum and not bothered to read it.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
JBM

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »

It all started many years back with the CSS Country Stewardship Scheme.

As some of us forecast these and additional restrictions have spread like a plague across the countryside.

The Magic Maps which originally has one dark blue colour now looks like Josephs coat of many colours.

The freedoms that we used to enjoy are being taken away from us by craft and stealth and on the cheap.by paying the farmers less for the restriction.

Even at this late hour make yourselves aware of what is happening and don't let the" pimply face young lads from the ministry" (Thats one of my farmers description of the ministry representatives) that call at his farm frighten the other farmers from allowing our hobby taking place on their land.

Its to late to stop us wrinklies, but younger detectorists should be on their guard. Wink Jerry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 09:15:46 AM by JBM » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »

It all started many years back with the CSS Country Stewardship Scheme.

As some of us forecast these and additional restrictions have spread like a plague across the countryside.

The Magic Maps which originally has one dark blue colour now looks like Josephs coat of many colours.

The freedoms that we used to enjoy are being taken away from us by craft and stealth and on the cheap.by paying the farmers less for the restriction.

Even at this late hour make yourselves aware of what is happening and don't let the" pimply face young lads from the ministry" (Thats one of my farmers description of the ministry representatives) that call at his farm frighten the other farmers from allowing our hobby taking place on their land.

Its to late to stop us wrinklies, but younger detectorists should be on their guard. Wink Jerry.
Thanks for you input guys Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal