Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The stater that never was!!  (Read 2731 times)
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« on: May 06, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »

Many years ago while me and my brother were out detecting on an old parish road that as roman origins we were wallking abreast detecting when I happened to mention to my brother I had a feeling a good find  was going to turn up ten minutes later I glanced at the cobbled surface there laying in the dust looking up at me was a coin has I bent down to pick it up my heart missed a beat there staring me in the face was a prancing horse of a gold stater I picked it up my brother was has shocked as me with this Iput it safely in my pocket I could,nt concentrate anymore so we called it a day back home I could,nt wait to wash off and examine my best find ever under the magnifying I could make out the letters WRL  Huh then it clicked my best find ever was a bloody reproduction Cry WRL standing for westair reproductions ltd of birmingham Angry  never mind but beware of fakes forgeries etc Roll Eyes mole ps this website may be of interest  W.W.W DETECTING.ORG.UK/ HTML/COIN-ARTEFACT-FAKES FRAUDSFORGERIES /HTML39K-

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 05:59:09 PM »

Oh my god I would have been devastated, lets face it , finding a stater for most of us would be a dream find. then to find out it was a fake, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Cry

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
sodbuster
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »

Even a fake is better than a gold coloured foil wrapped chocolate coin that my mate dropped into the  hole I was digging while I was sifting through the soil . Mind you it tasted good !
SteveHammered "steve"
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:15:59 PM »

hi mole, i dont get on the computer alot but had to comment on your find, it must have been a very exciting moment for you, as my heart was pumping reading your story, when i got to the end i was as sick as a parrot for you. dont let it put you off Sad Sad Sad      steve

"my words" but not my own hand
mole
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24:28 PM »

I won,nt Steve it,s all part and parcel of the hobbywere you at the rooksbridge rally Iwas speaking to softtop Malcolm he,s from your neck of the woods nice fella good hunting  Roll Eyes mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
SteveHammered "steve"
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:31:53 PM »

hi mole no could not make it had a wedding that day  ,look forward to meeting you at another rally  steve

"my words" but not my own hand
mole
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »

Look forward too meeting you too Hamered steve if you look at some finds I took to the rooksbridge on this site the one coin looks celtic waiting to meet peter h in person who has promised to try and identify it for me good hunting  Smiley mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 07:21:44 PM »

i there mole mate that sounds so suss how did that get there someones having a laugh the rotten bathplugs Sad

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
mole
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »

Well Phil Colleggwent! believe it or not I had a premonition that I was going to find an Ironage coin  Smiley and I did in a way Huh Huh can,nt be lucky all the time Embarrassed mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »

ho yes mate i do agree with you i was not calling you a lair i was just saying how did that get there thinking aloud mate next time mate it might be a real one you can only hope Smiley

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal