Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 061012 - apres moi la deluge  (Read 1767 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« on: October 06, 2012, 04:10:37 PM »

Well, after the heavy rains of the last 2 nights, Northamptonshires version of Compo, Clegg and Foggy Dewhirst, namely, handyman, techony and diggerdave, ventured out to assist a local villager who had lost a  bracelet in a pond .... or so he said!

So, we duly arrived and thought we were suitable equipped to deal with the situation, until the pond turned out to be a man made large fishpond, complete with centre island [nope, not the one where they buried a certain princess!], and bridge to access it.

Well the heavy rain had swollen the 'pond' to the point where the depth of water was now over 4 ft.

So resorting to a bit of initiative we asked, do you have a boat?  the reply was yes, but its got a hole in it! This meant plan B had to come into effect -  handyman with the long arms to scoop out the detritus from the bottom of the pond, and diggerdave with the short legs, to detect the detritus that was suitably dumped close to him. Techony, meanwhile was offereing helpful advice and comments along the way!  ..and taking the piccies, which i'm sure he'll post up later.

Well after half an hour of 'messing about on the river' we were still no closer to finding the bracelet. So we decamped the site to return another day.

This meant that we could tackle the rest of the day on some stubble. Now the fields were a quagmire to say the least and it was a serious case of watch where you are walking. Within 5 minutes,  i got a nice little hammy, and that was it for the rest of the day!  techony and diggerdave, collected the usual buttons and bullets.

So enjoy techony's pictures when he posts them up and see how deep the Deus actually goes, when the fields are a bit wet!

Cheers

* 061012 Eliz 1 obv.jpg (256.93 KB, 615x618 - viewed 217 times.)

* 061012 Eliz 1 rev.jpg (136.31 KB, 451x431 - viewed 192 times.)

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Techony

Research - Recover - Record

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

ROFL Grin

Here's Handyman's long arm on a stick! Pity for poor Digger, HM's aim ain't what it used to be...

* HMandDDmessingaboutontheriver.jpg (177.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 445 times.)

NARC.org.uk                "You can have my Deus when you prise it from my cold dead hand"
Techony

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »

And so onto the stubble...

I've never seen a rabbit eat a hammie before, but that's what Alan will have us believe. Anyway, that's his excuse for digging this little hole to get to it...

We salute your endurance sir!

* DSC02596.JPG (174.57 KB, 640x480 - viewed 444 times.)

NARC.org.uk                "You can have my Deus when you prise it from my cold dead hand"
Techony

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:56:50 PM »

Maybe next time, FILL YOUR HOLES !!!

* FillYourHoles.JPG (150.21 KB, 640x480 - viewed 405 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal