Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Bob the Blissman  (Read 13914 times)
avalon

« on: October 03, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »

Well Bob finally gets to do the test on a fragment of gold with the Blisstool. I must say I was really impressed as it gave a positive signal in air and when buried still came through as a digable target.
Bob now moves up a notch to the league of the real machines, and Shaun still keeps his £10 bet, as he withdrew the offer when thing became a little heated. So on a ranking of 1-10, i'll give it an 8, where most Minelabs were a 3. 

Testing the Blisstool

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »

Very Impressed. So how many machines can actually find it when buried Steve?
avalon

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 03:07:46 PM »

The machines at the top of the list are the T2, F75, Blisstool, Goldbug,Goldmax Power. Then there is a middle list XP Deus, G2, then the lower list Etrac, Ctx3030, Garrett Ace and Whites MXT.
Although I found my hoard with a White's DFX, when tested against other machines it can't get anywhere near the depth so it joins the Minelabs.

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »

Cheers Steve, I didn't realise that the GMP could find it and amazed that the G2 wasn't as good as the Bug. My Nautilus found it easy enough, but how many have got one of those and the EDS gave a good signal on the surface but lost it instantly when under the soil, I have to say though that I thought my Explorer was broken lol.
It would be really interesting to actually find out why machines can't see it, as we said the shape has got to be the key but why?
avalon

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:54:01 PM »

The worst machine of the lot was the C-SCOPE CS 4 PI, I cound'nt get a reading when touching the coil with the gold  Shocked

the hog

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »

Geoff stick this post on the MLO site......it would be worth a chuckle. Grin
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 04:02:48 PM »

I think apoplexy come to mind..  Cheesy

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »

LOL...Trouble maker! Grin
It's been on there before but you get the usual He-Man response of "he obviously doesn't know how to set up his machine" or "I could find it" lol.
I felt the same way until I came face to face with the damn thing, but nope!not even a squeak...well a squeak but not a digable one.
I wonder if the signal it gives off is imitating a piece of coke?
The machines that are finding it are quite high on the "coke offenders" list.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:10:57 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
avalon

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »

Geoff stick this post on the MLO site......it would be worth a chuckle. Grin

That would just cause the M.L.O's to jump off Beachy Head like lemmins, at least the Ctx 3030 will work underwater, so not all bad  Grin

the hog

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »

On note.
While at the Weekend Wanderers dig I heard a guy with a raised voice"I can't believe it!"he said.
His mate shouted me over and said run your machine over this?So I did,I turned my volume up on my Deus for all to hear.a crisp two way signal came through.
The guy which had the raised voice tried his machine again over the signal - not even a beep.It was just nulling out.
The signal was a Georgian Halfpenny at around 8" deep.
The machine he using was a Minelab Etrac.
It was dead funny when this guy walked away,he lobbed his shovel in the air. Grin
Was his Minelab faulty,who knows?But I know one thing I will not be having another.  
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 04:23:49 PM »

The trouble is so many people go for maximum sensitivity but if you have ANY disc or ironmask on the minelabs and there is iron below the target you've had it. You have to either run wide open and hope the low tone comes through all the shreaking or you have to suck it up and turn the sensitivity right down when there is a lot of iron about.
the hog

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »

The trouble is so many people go for maximum sensitivity but if you have ANY disc or ironmask on the minelabs and there is iron below the target you've had it. You have to either run wide open and hope the low tone comes through all the shreaking or you have to suck it up and turn the sensitivity right down when there is a lot of iron about.
I agree with all you've said there mate.
daimole

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

I hope this video will put to bed once and for all the naysayers or should I call them mathew hopkins  Sad because of the witchunt that as followed the release of the blisstool v3   Roll Eyes I myself own one which slots in well with my explorer 2 and goldmaxx mk1 it,s quite simply a case of horses for courses Wink on the subject of minelabs I found a tiny lizzie portcullis halfpenny last weekend with my explorer 2 Shocked so I would,nt write off the minelabs either Wink Wink

Detector / Headphones / Spade
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »

Well said Dai,the majority of machines have their "nich". If the land I detect wasn't so infested with iron pan I might even have taken a punt on the Bliss.
I don't think any one with common sense can write off XP or Minelab and if they do, I've got over 300 hammies that says different lol
audiolab

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

pah ,hes just trying to sell more machines ,who cares? its not as if the fields are full of gold fragments
im happy finding silver because theres a damn lot more of it in the ground

Minelab E-TRAC
2 tone ferrous beast

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal