Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: THIS HOBBY OF OURS  (Read 2689 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: May 04, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »

wright everybody this is my 600 post so will tell you a story that happened to me a good while back that i expect that has happened to a lot of you . this is my last post for a week because im off to Majorca tomorrow for a week for my birthday on the 10th of may next sunday 51 ,.......cant believe it   Grin................ ok here we go............i know lots of you got a similar story to tell but i will tell mine!.......... i know we all go back to the same farms and find stuff but have you been back to a farm time and time again ! i was detecting a farm at machen for about 2 years off and on and been on this field path up a bit off a hill every time as i say for about 2 years then one day finding nothing in the same field again ,said to my m8  im off over to the next field , going back down the path that iv done over and over again not really detecting   just walking and got to the bottom of the path got a faint signal dug it out and pops out a EDWARD 3RD  h-groat. after walking over this area for 2 years its a funny hobby this metal detecting
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:10:54 PM »

yeah sometimes you go that little bit slower and at a slightly different angle that does it, and maybe a bit more moisture this time too,
i remember going over a silver sixpence that gave a bad rough signal, i left it,  on the way back got it again, but this time a lovely clear  signal so i dug it, glad i did then

silverhand

but it was there a minute ago

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »

great coin mate nice one Grin

hammerd this year 0
hammerd last year 1

overall targets looks like i need to find more hammerd coins
waltonbasinman
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:20:53 PM »

Is it a hobby Kev. It could be a way of life to some. With ploughing, erosion, flooding, worm action etc, etc. Anythings possible. I remember reading a article by the late Peter Reynolds at Butser Iron Age Farm Project in Hampshire. They isolated a two acre patch of ground and subjected it to a 10 year project with two five year crop rotations. Within this area they buried different metallic and other objects with the ground being ploughed, pasture, cereal and potatoes. To cut a long story short some of the objects disappeared, some moved over three metres, and some Items even appeared that were not placed as part of the experiment. So always expect the unexpected
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:26:21 PM »

Yip , have had the same thing time and time again. As I've said before , ground moisture makes a huge difference!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »

I walked though the same park twice a day for 15yrs,"nothing" then one day while off work took me Tekkie & found "Tuppence"
It`s a strange old world ! Huh

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »

just goes to show  you cant ever get all the goodies first time    thats  whi  i keep on  going   and   going     and going         etc   etc   lol ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  happy birthday for the   10th   kev   have a great day   and dont forget  my stick of roch    haha    im catching you up bud   i am    44  tomorrow   have a great holiday 

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »

heyy good detective work Phil,  it paid off too, well done on that  lol

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 07:51:49 PM »

Sometimes the less obvious places are the best. I bet you'd have never be lying in bed one night and think 'I know I'll nip into clydach vale tomorrow and check the long jump pit'  Grin

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal