Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban find cheats  (Read 19807 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »

That was a good chat Bob and nice to find someone else of a like mind. I love "detected out sites" and the challenge, like you Roman coins or brooches don't even get a wipe now a days, they go straight in the finds box Sad
avalon

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »

Clubs are a good thing as it brings a lot of knowledge and  expertise together, oh and purchasing power to bribe the farmer!  Grin

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »

i often get accused of not bringing anything with me....lol

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 04:13:55 PM »

Clubs are a good thing as it brings a lot of knowledge and  expertise together, oh and purchasing power to bribe the farmer!  Grin

Your right mate as i sit along side 4 men at my club meetings who together with me have been detecting since early and mid 1970...170YRS +experience.....You cant buy or read that in books  Cheesy Cheesy
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »

Met some really nice and interesting people by joining clubs. Also met some I wouldn't give the time of day to mind you..  Cheesy

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
audiolab

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 06:44:09 PM »

OMG that is so sad ,its like the fisherman taking a prize fish with him to the pond .wheres the challenge in cheating ?
ive never found a hammered ,never found a gold coin ,but i have found plenty of silver willy's,vickies and georgians.nothing worth bragging about really!!
as a fellow detectorist its nice to see other lucky people making good finds and i congratulate them 
when i went to my first club meeting last month i was jokingly asked "do you find much?" and i showed them my small wallet of silver that came from one field out back and i heard someone laughingly mutter "off ebay"
at the time i didnt understand what they were on about ,but now reading this i can see the frustration of long term members

Minelab E-TRAC
2 tone ferrous beast
LUCKY

V3i & Highland Innovations Headphones User

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

Loved reading this post and all the comments made in response to it, and comments made about each others comments.  Great Post & Great Comments lads & lassies.  THANKS !!
JRD

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »

I have never not believed anyone who have shown me one of their finds and have always been generally pleased for them.

I did not even realise this kind of thing happened until I heard a few comments recently.

I must be really naive! Or perhaps I just don't understand what a person would get from it?

To me it's all about the find - being the first person to pull something very old out of the ground and being the first person to touch it since it was lost.

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
parkijohn

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 10:23:37 PM »

Well regarding the ban the cheats i totaly agree with it they should be banned.They tend to join forums like this and make themselves known eventually with finding this and that and even though they supposed to have thousands of acres here and there,they still come to DW & other clubs for there weekly digs.Aswell as just noticing a certain person on here actually got banned from a club for buying stuff from EBAY and putting it on there site for the best  finds competition and he always had this and that found on the day of a dig, better than everyones.I basically wouldnt give him the time of day he knows who im talking about ive listened to him many times before i got wise.Beware hes slowly dwiddled his way into this club. Lips sealed Embarrassed Huh Cool Shocked
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 08:27:46 AM »

i have heard rumours that peeps take or plant stuff at rallies to boost takings at the next ones,there will always be a bit of specilation as to what organisers get up too,goes with the terittory i guess but whats the point in taking finds with you?

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 08:41:33 AM »

That doesn't work for us. Many moons ago on our Easter Rally in Caerleon we planted 40 copper tokens in an area the size of half a football pitch. If you found one you won a chocolate Easter egg. Lets just say that Geoff went home with 36 unclaimed eggs in the back of his van! Grin Grin Grin

Pontless us seeding a rally, as going on that experience nobody would find "The Seeds" anyway! Grin Grin Grin

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
win

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 09:32:11 AM »

I told a non detecting friend of mine about this practice a little while ago. He was spechless but eventually just burst out laughing. And that about sums it up, these people are seeking attention in their sad lives but the only attention they'll get is to be despised and laughed at.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 12:19:36 PM »

i have heard rumours that peeps take or plant stuff at rallies to boost takings at the next ones,there will always be a bit of specilation as to what organisers get up too,goes with the terittory i guess but whats the point in taking finds with you?

You can tell if something has been planted a  mile off!  Comes out of the ground different.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
anthonyjay

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 02:23:19 PM »

I think they are people who have few or no friends and do it to impress others so they get all the attention, a sad lonely existence being an attention seeker. Or they could setting themselves up so some variety agent will book them for a new  show called; I WANT A FRIEND.
galoshers

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2012, 02:48:20 PM »

i know a gent who's been doing this for many years buying stuff and planting it at rallies to get best of show attention and actually won a machine years ago.i am surprised its so widespread according to this thread .
he has now got a reputation as a walter mittey type and nobody trusts him any more as they know he sells stuff making out he has found it and planting at rallies to get attention as the 'big man'.
now i wonder what % of finds are being planted at rallies ?
it could be bigger than we imagine...
how you can get around this problem is hard to say ..

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal