Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: weekend wanderers festival of buttons  (Read 20464 times)
avalon

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »

At least I came back with a profit after I sold two coins to one of the dealers Grin

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »

oh there were plenty of profits made that weekend steve  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
the big ox

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 07:41:48 AM »

paid £130 for me treerat & babyrat  we walked for two and a half hours NOT A DIG ,
 Angry but we did bump into roman ray , so not all bad , sunday was same ,if bullets were staters id,e be a happy ox ,we were in the car and on our way home by 11. Huh
will stick to detecting wales rallys in future lol. Grin
adesace

If I was a rich man

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »

Went for the 3 days...Many bullets and buttons a silver sixpence and a ring of little age. Nearly got divorced in the process and froze to death on friday night. Besides all that enjoyed the weekend and will be going again. As everyone knows you can never know what is going to be there and have always had a great time at weekend wanderers rally's,

Ade
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »

ray why is the good looking one always in the middle of the photo  Grin Grin Grin Grin,how did you get out through all the mud on sunday hope all your finds were good,all the best.viv
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »

Well said mate  Wink It's a Hobby and past time and a great place to meet others. Glory hunters need to stay away and stop moaning. Enjoy the day have fun After all it's a "Hobby" Rant over !!! Shocked
TF Wink

The penny will drop one day mate and you are right its not about finding hammered and Roman..

What? £50 just to meet people? I think your both in denial lol

Been in denial for years mate and spent many thousands in denial lol Grin

the-BANGOR-citizan

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »

Many differing views on the Rally and each to their own. I think it is now expected to represent more of a social event than a gaurenteed detecting utopia. I learnt back in 2008 it was not for me and will not be attending again. I choose last Thursday and Friday out at two of my own sites, both very succesful for differing reasons and had a day at the footy saturday and enjoyed the motocross Sunday a win, win all round for me and spent no where near fifty Quid. You wanna go, you go, just don,t run it down if you find nothing as you could say the same about any rally any where. You know next time.

Remember Farrar Road
Farmer Phil (always remembered)
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 02:38:12 PM »

Many differing views on the Rally and each to their own. I think it is now expected to represent more of a social event than a gaurenteed detecting utopia. I learnt back in 2008 it was not for me and will not be attending again. I choose last Thursday and Friday out at two of my own sites, both very succesful for differing reasons and had a day at the footy saturday and enjoyed the motocross Sunday a win, win all round for me and spent no where near fifty Quid. You wanna go, you go, just don,t run it down if you find nothing as you could say the same about any rally any where. You know next time.

Well said mate ...everybody to there own and my surname is Farrer ...Where is Farrar RD as a matter of interest ?lol
avalon

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »

I always try and hold rallies on productive  area’s,  and I feel gutted if no- one turns up hammered or Roman on a dig. On average 6-7 hammered usually turn up with a dig  of 20 people. So the WW bash had  about  1200 people per day on the Saturday and Sunday so they should have turned up 840 hammered over the 2 days, which sadly was not the case.

I think the Wiltshire downs are a bit hit and miss, a lot of land but very little habitation. Embarrassed

mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »

hi avalon, i think you have hit the nail on the head regarding, amount of land and what was actually inhabited, i think its common knowledge now that fields 6 and 11 produced the better finds they were the 2 closest fields to esstablished inhabited areas, were people  lived and worked and actually lost things to be found at a later date, my view only mickycoin Grin Grin

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
avalon

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »

If the WW want to hold another button rally, I have a fresh supply for them ; D

* buttons 1.jpg (106.74 KB, 700x525 - viewed 421 times.)

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 04:21:38 PM »

now thats a large pile of buttons steve  Cheesy Cheesy

is that fridays finds or saturdays  Shocked Shocked Shocked

ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 04:28:04 PM »

Blimey Steve, you must have muscles like 'Garth' to dig that lot.

I have several hundred field I'm currently researching and the same runs true as far as I can make out so far about fields closer the habitation
being the more productive. I think we all get confused with what we 'see' currently and how the landscape was back in history. There was so much more
scrubland, forest and flooded estuaries back then that's possibly arable land now.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
avalon

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »

Hi Mike, I think they must have popped off my jeans on Friday night, when I saw the singers legs  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

* legs.jpg (65.77 KB, 700x525 - viewed 427 times.)

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »

' they dont look happy , maybe we should offer them a refund ' ,  Shocked Shocked Shocked

probably the same guys who pushed the toilets over  Undecided Undecided

* sabertooth-wolverine-firing-squad-1600x1200.jpg (234.47 KB, 850x638 - viewed 713 times.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal