Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: weekend wanderers festival of buttons  (Read 20513 times)
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 03:38:45 PM »

Come on lads you cant pick an area full of gold and silver for a rally lol...This area was not detected on previously ,as i was talking to guys connected with the farm in local pub who said it was out of bounds to local detectorists..Weekend Wanders by standards have picked some great sites in the past ,not far from this site and their running of the rally was a credit..Those -----holes who pushed the toilets over are a disgrace to this wonderful hobby...I met many new and old friends and two novices who had found their first Roman coins....Saw many pictures on cell phones of wonderfull finds from Isle of Wight,Midlands,Oxford,London...Met Dutch,German,American and Australians detectorists who were a pleasure to meet...Met old friends Slow & Low and Gordon Heritage ..Gary Bruhn was doing his usual detecting movies ...On hoard hunters lol........Was in the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford yesterday seeing wonderful finds made by local detectorists ...whow and of course the wonderful Alfred Jewel.....I got a Edward 1 hammered,but found many jewels ......called detectorists lol...It was pleasure meeting you all ..Thank you all ROB Grin Grin Grin
The Ferret

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

Come on lads you cant pick an area full of gold and silver for a rally lol...This area was not detected on previously ,as i was talking to guys connected with the farm in local pub who said it was out of bounds to local detectorists..Weekend Wanders by standards have picked some great sites in the past ,not far from this site and their running of the rally was a credit..Those -----holes who pushed the toilets over are a disgrace to this wonderful hobby...I met many new and old friends and two novices who had found their first Roman coins....Saw many pictures on cell phones of wonderfull finds from Isle of Wight,Midlands,Oxford,London...Met Dutch,German,American and Australians detectorists who were a pleasure to meet...Met old friends Slow & Low and Gordon Heritage ..Gary Bruhn was doing his usual detecting movies ...On hoard hunters lol........Was in the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford yesterday seeing wonderful finds made by local detectorists ...whow and of course the wonderful Alfred Jewel.....I got a Edward 1 hammered,but found many jewels ......called detectorists lol...It was pleasure meeting you all ..Thank you all ROB Grin Grin Grin

Well said mate  Wink It's a Hobby and past time and a great place to meet others. Glory hunters need to stay away and stop moaning. Enjoy the day have fun After all it's a "Hobby" Rant over !!! Shocked
TF Wink

Spooyt Vane
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »

Well said mate  Wink It's a Hobby and past time and a great place to meet others. Glory hunters need to stay away and stop moaning. Enjoy the day have fun After all it's a "Hobby" Rrnt over !!! Shocked
TF Wink

The penny will drop one day mate and you are right its not about finding hammered and Roman..

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »

what i cant work out is where all those buttons came from , we all find buttons all the time , most of the ones i found didnt look that old , i found 40+ in a day and 2 hrs sunday morning , relichunter had 100 in 3 days  Shocked Shocked Shocked , avalon has the new franchise with levi on his new collection , everyone i spoke too was the same dozens of buttons .

1200 people probably found literally 1000,s of the little buggers .

so were where all the other artifacts / coins  Undecided Undecided Undecided

surely with that ammount of obvious footfall throughout the whole area other loses must have been very considerable ,

i had 1 vicky penny , just doesnt add up sorry .

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

the finds certainly didn t ring true........however my weekend usually revolves around me spending shopping time (and  money) on the misses and entertaining my daughter to the point of collapse!!.......i dont care how many buttons where allegedly sown into the ground, it beats Dorothy Perkins Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 05:53:46 PM »

Well said mate  Wink It's a Hobby and past time and a great place to meet others. Glory hunters need to stay away and stop moaning. Enjoy the day have fun After all it's a "Hobby" Rant over !!! Shocked
TF Wink

The penny will drop one day mate and you are right its not about finding hammered and Roman..

What? £50 just to meet people? I think your both in denial lol
Lady Marian
Rally attendee

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »

i attended this rally on fri and sat and had i known it was a rally only to meet people i would of kept my £58 in my pocket. rob i'm suprised you had any time to detect at all with meeting all those people and going to the museum it must have been a whirlwind weekend for you.  ferret if the organisers of the weekend wanderers rally did'nt use words like roman villa/saxon battle/medieval in advertising these events then the glory hunters would gladly stay away
The Ferret

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »

TF Wink

What? £50 just to meet people? I think your both in denial lol
Just paid £55 this weekend gone to get away from people Chef Grin Nope Its a hobby for me just like fishing (fished for over 35 years and hated matches) Not saying I didn't attend just done the social "match or 2" and raised a few £ on the way.. Like I said It's a hobby and past time when it becomes a "Chore it's a Bore"  Wink
Happy hunting
TF

Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 06:31:03 PM »

it just dawned on me , how could i not realise , the big heavy parcel i delivered was full of buttons ready for next years weekend wanderers big dig  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

..............................smart move chef , you could make a fortune there mate    'CHEFBUTTONS ' Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
avalon

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »

what i cant work out is where all those buttons came from , we all find buttons all the time , most of the ones i found didnt look that old , i found 40+ in a day and 2 hrs sunday morning , relichunter had 100 in 3 days  Shocked Shocked Shocked , avalon has the new franchise with levi on his new collection , everyone i spoke too was the same dozens of buttons .

1200 people probably found literally 1000,s of the little buggers .

so were where all the other artifacts / coins  Undecided Undecided Undecided

surely with that ammount of obvious footfall throughout the whole area other loses must have been very considerable ,

i had 1 vicky penny , just doesnt add up sorry .

God bless you Mike, we only took our clothes off for a bit of  how’s your father, Wink and they ploughed our clothes right into the field they did!

Could we av’e our buttons back please!

* pearl 1.jpg (107.4 KB, 600x434 - viewed 1177 times.)

The Ferret

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »

did'nt use words like roman villa/saxon battle/medieval in advertising these events then the glory hunters would gladly stay away
So very true LM But Look at most rallys the ALL use these words for one reason or an other!!

It don't mean that you will FIND any  "roman villa/saxon battle/medieva" artifacts but have a CHANCE... With this being a CHANCE HOBBY VOTE with your feet and not your mouth (not directed at you btw) But in general we have ALL had a "duff" dig well its not Duff just DOWN ON LUCK and you didn't walk over it on the day.
rant over (sorry)
TF

Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 07:00:32 PM »

this was my high light of the w/w..bumping into these 2 headers..hope you took some nice buttons home guys.

* SAM_8204.JPG (136.55 KB, 628x471 - viewed 1113 times.)

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

they both had a roman coin each infact  kev had 2  out of interest plus the buttons of course mickycoin Grin Grin

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 08:02:03 PM »

Expensive week end for me

£55 for my week end ticket

£90 bed and breakfast for two nights

£25 petrol

I am no glory hunter,but i do expect a few coins over 3 days hard detecting

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
markymark123

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »

you could have all attended the dw rally on sunday for quarter of the price and found more  Cheesy Cheesy and met up with fellow detectorists Smiley ....it's a gamble though aint it , nobody knows whats hidden under those fields that would make the hobby to easy  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal