Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My machine is the best on the market - Can you guess what it is yet ?  (Read 15527 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: August 01, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

Its the one I'm used to......

Guys  ,we've got to have this debate as its doing my head in. Why do people become so obsessed with makes and models of machines ?

I changed from a dfx to an Etrac a few years back because any electric wires around played havoc with the dfx. Am I finding any more with the Etrac ?   Well no actually, but I dont worry about electric pylons any more so fir me its a more comfortable experience.

So what does make some people await new machines with the menace of wolves hunting their pray ready to pounce at the first sign of weakness?   Is it the desire to own that machine themselves or to protect the validity of their own purchase.

And what makes some so aggressive when it comes to machine choice ? Would they have an argument in Currys over a make of washing machine?  I think not..

So come on guys you all know who you are, what makes you tick ?

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »

Rob i liked the Whites XLT my mate still uses one today

I am obsessed with my Deus I have never in 35 years of detecting found so much

Some people have had the Deus and simply can not get the depth out of it, this is usually down to there inexperience or detecting technique  Roll Eyes

I do like to try out new machines from time to time but all of them have been a bit disappointing, some have been absolute junk

What makes some people so aggressive and abusive is that they do not like there make of detector criticised, even in a constructive way

What makes me laugh is all the stupid videos you see on the internet of machines claiming to be depth monsters

Do not be fooled by these static /party tricks, in the field these machine are usually very unstable, and badly affected by power lines

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
imnotginger

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »

I use an explorer xs only detector i have used so to me its the one to have  Roll Eyes
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »

well i love the explorer xs , it does exactly what it says on the tin , it finds things , its been around in various forms since 1999 and still going  strong ,  some  would say the best detector ever made and others would say its junk , i dont much care either way all i know is it works well for me and thats really all we should worry about , if its not broken dont fix it  Wink Wink Wink

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

i use the XS as well,you can pay as much as you want for a detector but at the end of the day it comes down to a lot of luck , as long as you are happy with what you got who cares . most of the top detectors are pretty much equal , its all the hype of the manufactures that get folks fooled into buying them. just enjoy what you got . Wink
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »

We are pack animals and as we "developed" the pack gave way to the tribe and this need for a feeling of belonging continues into the modern world.
Why does anyone support a football team? Those players that people support and even spend a fortune going to see  don't know them from Adam, some even buy the "kit" in some strange effort to show their tribal identity.
How many wear badges when they go detecting? I haven't (voluntarily) worn a badge since I was about 8 and cant get my head around that one.
And so I think metal detector brands are just another "tribe" to belong to. Coupled with this is of course the fact that many have spent a lot of money and our constant self doubt on whether we have bought the right one, turns itself in to aggressive defence.

So at the end of the day, it just human nature Wink
stampy

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »

Rob.

I started detecting in Jan 2010 and before deciding which machine to buy I read lots of comments and opinions on DW and elsewhere to try and help me with my choice. I finally picked an X-Terra 305 and was eagerly awaiting my machine when I was horrified to read some people slag it off and I remember feeling totally gutted and thinking to myself that i've wasted my money!

But for me its like this, I have been really lucky to find hammered, Roman and in my opinion other really cool stuff with my detector and that has ignited my passion and enjoyment for this hobby. Yes I may very well have walked over something amazing that another machine may have picked up - so be it, I will never know about it and therefore I will happily keep plodding along with my 305 enjoying the hobby and people I meet along the road!!

Stampy  Grin

ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »

Good post Stampy.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »

Rob.

I started detecting in Jan 2010 and before deciding which machine to buy I read lots of comments and opinions on DW and elsewhere to try and help me with my choice. I finally picked an X-Terra 305 and was eagerly awaiting my machine when I was horrified to read some people slag it off and I remember feeling totally gutted and thinking to myself that i've wasted my money!

But for me its like this, I have been really lucky to find hammered, Roman and in my opinion other really cool stuff with my detector and that has ignited my passion and enjoyment for this hobby. Yes I may very well have walked over something amazing that another machine may have picked up - so be it, I will never know about it and therefore I will happily keep plodding along with my 305 enjoying the hobby and people I meet along the road!!

Stampy  Grin
great post

avalon

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »

I use the Etrac, DFX and T2 they all have there good and bad points. If someone said the T2 was rubbish, it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest. I use a  combination of machines and swap during the day. The DFX will always stay with me because it’s covered it’s cost 50 times over, and although not the deepest  machine it is a trusted friend, never lets me down.

I think most of the top of the range machines are much the same. What I don’t like is the hype the promoters of these new machines  make, if you set your self up saying it’s the best machine on the market, be prepared for a few critics to tear the thing apart.

The Ferret

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »

Grin Garrett For Me It's Found Me Treasure that's going to the local museum Wink JOB DONE Grin Now its time to play Grin

avalon

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 07:50:44 PM »

Grin Garrett For Me It's Found Me Treasure that's going to the local museum Wink JOB DONE Grin Now its time to play Grin

What only one bit of treasure, you must be detecting with flat batteries  or something! I’d trade that Garret's in for a better machine if I were you Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The Ferret

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »

What only one bit of treasure, you must be detecting with flat batteries  or something! I’d trade that Garret's in for a better machine if I were you Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Tongue I was waiting for something like that Grin Grin Grin Oh I have upgraded thou from the Euro to the AT-Pro Fancy coming in the sea with me with your landlab Grin Grin Tongue
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:55:25 PM by The Ferret » Logged

avalon

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »

What only one bit of treasure, you must be detecting with flat batteries  or something! I’d trade that Garret's in for a better machine if I were you Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Tongue I was waiting for something like that Grin Grin Grin Oh I have upgraded thou from the Euro to the AT-Pro Fancy coming in the sea with me with your landlab Grin Grin Tongue

No , i'll leave that for the fish, i think! Grin

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 05:46:19 AM »

i have'nt owned as many machines as most of you lot but my etrac does me fine,i guess peeps allways get defensive about they're choice of machines because some are highly priced and dont want to look foolish for forking out a fortune on a particular machine.just a thought Smiley
 i also think about what im missing rather than what i have found lol,especially if i aint hittin the gold rings Angry

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal