Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: new boy wanting 1st detector advice  (Read 12018 times)
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »

The minelab x terra 50 lacks depth i wouldent touch it with a barge pole

Have you been smoking something?   Huh Huh Huh Grin Grin And just how many months or years is your experience with a Xterra machine?

Jed if it's still there grab it with both hands and your toes, the Terra 50 is in a whole different league to the Ace. Believe me you won't regret it. A new arm cup will only set you back about £10 delivered.

Dont touch the stuff Geoff,so tell me how many months experience do you have with the x Terra  50

My mate had one and told me it was rubbish, i have also read Rogers field test on the machine

It probally is better than a garrett ace but thats not hard  Grin

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »

As I said the Xterra is whole different machine and I have sent you an email about it.
They have to give you a 6 month guarantee with it so you can't really lose and as I have told you in the PM I am so certain that (if it's working) you will not be sorry by getting it. I will personally guarantee that if after 2 months you can't get on with it, I (as Chefphones.com) with supply you a new Ace 250 in exchange.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »

The minelab x terra 50 lacks depth i wouldent touch it with a barge pole

Have you been smoking something?   Huh Huh Huh Grin Grin And just how many months or years is your experience with a Xterra machine?

Jed if it's still there grab it with both hands and your toes, the Terra 50 is in a whole different league to the Ace. Believe me you won't regret it. A new arm cup will only set you back about £10 delivered.

Dont touch the stuff Geoff,so tell me how many months experience do you have with the x Terra  50

My mate had one and told me it was rubbish, i have also read Rogers field test on the machine

It probally is better than a garrett ace but thats not hard  Grin

2 years with a 50 and 18 months with the 705. If we listened to Garry's website then we would be changing machines every couple of months and the best bit after all his field tests he uses an Explorer II by choice.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »

I've had an xterra 50 for over 5 years, and have had many finds from all sorts of depths. Once one sorts out the tones the find rate increases. Admittedly the lower KHZ coil means that hammered coins are not easily detectable, once you change to the higher frequency then this improves the chances immensely.

The machine is lightweight, switch on and go after the simple ground balance and has a quick recovery rate.

for £200, i'd snap it up.... but do test it out first before buying

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »

Who said anything about garrys web site    Huh 

I was talking about Rogers relics review on the machine,and he said it lacked depth on low conductive targets like hammereds

Probably ok for a beginner and at £200 you can not lose you could resell it for £250-£260 on Ebay no problems

How you finding the Deus Chef ?

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
jed
Rally attendee

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:34 PM »

thanks again for the advice i didnt mean to start a row lol Tongue
im going there again 2moz to sell a cd player  so ill get some batteries and a selection of coins and see how it works
im going to jot down what readings i should be getting for the different targets-£1 coins etc and see if they tally
thats the only way i can think of testing it?
ill post an update 2moz
ta again

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »

Who said anything about garrys web site    Huh 

I was talking about Rogers relics review on the machine,and he said it lacked depth on low conductive targets like hammereds

Probably ok for a beginner and at £200 you can not lose you could resell it for £250-£260 on Ebay no problems

How you finding the Deus Chef ?

Whoops!
Sorry Shaun, I put my fingers in motion before my my brain was in gear lol. Roger ahh well he isn't quite what I would call an impartial user when it comes to Minelab. Any machine and I mean any, that a person uses only a couple of times will look bad if you haven't the experience with the system. So many people don't rate the Explorer but that is generally down to not giving it the time to learn. If someone took the Deus out for the first time I'm sure that it would seem confusing and even not that good but as you know with a little experience it shows how good it is.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »

Any machine and I mean any, that a person uses only a couple of times will look bad if you haven't the experience with the system. So many people don't rate the Explorer but that is generally down to not giving it the time to learn. If someone took the Deus out for the first time I'm sure that it would seem confusing and even not that good but as you know with a little experience it shows how good it is.

I think you are spot on there, Geoff!

Great deal to swap if Jed doesn't like the X Terra.   Go for it, Jed.

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »

Well Geoff with my experience and the Deus. I have only found 3 hammered's this year. Cry

I try and aim for an average of 30 a year but I am struggling big time,the weather and lack of land is not helping

Tempted to get an Explorer 11 myself  

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

Oh don't say that lol I'm thinking of a Deus lol. I think an Excalibur might be a better choice if this rain continues lol.
I had a good ish start with 10 but haven't even been out for what seems like months, roll on the harvest, only 4-5 weeks and it will be all to play for again.
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »

roll on the harvest in 4-5 weeks your hoping,i have two weeks leave in August and i still do not expect to get on any land around here

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
jed
Rally attendee

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

As I said the Xterra is whole different machine and I have sent you an email about it.
They have to give you a 6 month guarantee with it so you can't really lose and as I have told you in the PM I am so certain that (if it's working) you will not be sorry by getting it. I will personally guarantee that if after 2 months you can't get on with it, I (as Chefphones.com) with supply you a new Ace 250 in exchange.
thanks for the email-i did some more reading and i now think id outgrow the garrett quite quickly
so i took what was said by you and the other experienced people who posted on board   and returned to the shop- and no way would he budge on the price-the tite arse lol
neway ill go after work 2moz and find out if ill have a decent guarantee
so fingers crossed ill be trying it out  on barmouth beach on sunday!
Grifftron
Rally attendee

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »

Your only thinking of the Deus cause of your advanced years correct chef !
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »

Grin my detector: minelab explorer xs

Hammered coins so far for this.year : 10

This machine is brilliant

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 09:56:21 PM »

Napoleon 10 hammereds for this time of year is good going

The weather and lack of fields has not helped anyone

Deus 2013