Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ring lost in bristol area  (Read 10574 times)
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« on: July 10, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

a lady in the portishead area of bristol has lost an engagement ring in their garden and has asked if anyone can help search for it . she is prepared to pay expenses for petrol ,( and toll for anyone from the welsh side of the severn ) . she had placed her wedding and engagement rings the windowsill and a gust of wind blew the curtain and swept them out into the garden below the window...they searched and found the wedding ring but not the white gold engagement one . if anyone can help please PM me and i'll supply the contact details..........thanks.........byron
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:50:40 PM by bymatt666 (byron) » Logged

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 07:09:53 PM »

Byron! Member "Britishbeef" lives in Portishead so he may be your man.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:17:32 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
Grifftron
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »

I'm 10 mins from ports head also but the wife is now three days overdue fr the baby, if beef can't do it I'm sure I can find an hour or two next week, pay for the wife to have a coffee and do it. Will keep an eye on this thread to see if beef goes.
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »

many thanks both.....i have PM,d geoff with the details.......good luck to you and your wife griff..... Wink......byron

minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 08:11:36 PM »

I did think of you Griff but then thought "oh oh baby!" and sods law would probably come into play lol. I've sent Beef an email so hopefully he can get there.
jtalbot0001

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »

I would help but would need to get taken there, so if the person was prepared to pick me up and take me home then I will do it? Just a thought? Cheers, Jon.

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
stampy

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »

Guys I'm only in Nailsea which again is 10 min away, I'm off tomorrow (Thursday) so I can go and help if needed!

Stampy
BritishBeef
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »

Hi guys.  I'm in Portishead and am on the case! I'm just waiting for her to get back to me. I'll keep you updated.
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:04 AM »

They were more likely flung out in temper during an argument..........probably half way down the garden!  Wink

Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »

Beef, remember it's should be a surface find so if the garden is noisy just turn your sensitivity right down, you should still easily pick the ring up. Wink
BritishBeef
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »

Hi all. Well what are the bloody chances?! She only lives 4 doors up the road from me!! So funny!

I didn't know her or her husband to talk to but I do now so that's good .

They said that someone had been out from the forum already to detect and not found it?!

The wedding ring had managed to bounce quite some way presumably off the patio and up onto some decking so that meant that the engagement ring could have ended up in quite a large area. The bedroom window that the ring had fallen from was 3 storeys up as we live in townhouses. I started on the patio area as there was a large decorative pebbled section there. No joy. Then I detected the rest of the patio area where there was lots of fauna and flora round the edge. Then time for the decking in case the ring had falled between the planks. I discriminated out the deck screws and picked up some signals. Luckily the husband had unscrewed the planks and I located a couple of washers. I then tried a graveled area around the decking. Found a 20p and a 1p in there.

Then the heavens opened and I had to go inside for 15 minutes to stay dry.

Their neighbour had already given us the go-ahead to check their garden as the edge of the garden ran only a few feet to the right of the window that the rings had come from. I checked their lawn and gravelled areas. I even went down the small gap between a shed and the dividing fence. Nothing. Although I amasses a wonderful collection of spiders and cobwebs. Which was nice.
 Light was fading by then and I decided to check the ring owners garden again. The husband was with me the whole time. I suggested checking further up the garden even though it seemed improbable that the ring could have reached that far. We removed deck furniture out the way and I detected there. Nothing. There was a gravelled area to the left of the deck that I had yet to detect. It was quite a way from the window. I detected the outer edges of the gravel as that's where plants had overgrown. Nothing there. I then started to detect the rest of the gravel and as I did so the husband starts to bend down. I could already see the ring sat on top of the gravel.

I cannot tell you how gutted I was after those two hours of searching that a) the ring wasn't found by me, and b) by my detector. I must have been stood with the ring between my feet  when I searched the edges of the gravel by the plants. The ring was about 20cm from my coil when found and was on the patch of gravel I was *just* about to scan!!! The area had already been searched by sight several times already so we think that I probably unearthed the ring with my feet whilst detecting a few seconds or so before it was found.

The husband was so happy it was great to see and I am really pleased it was found. I would love to see his wife's face when he showed her as she was putting their daughter to bed so I didn't get to witness it.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »

Great Result beef and I'm sure if you hadn't been searching the ring wouldn't yet of been found, so although the machine didn't find it it was the instrument of it's finding, so 10 out of 10 Wink
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »

well done BB..... Grin.....as geoff says..if you had'nt been searching with the husband then he would'nt have spotted it by chance.....many thanks for doing the search ..your efforts are much appreciated and shows our hobby in a very good light.......well done again.........byron

minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
kencomet

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »

Well done, you must be as    proud as punch, I would...
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 04:39:14 AM »

it was me and its mine, mine i tell yooo ooooooh haaa haaa ha Grin

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal