Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman and Celtic coin hoard found in Jersey  (Read 9744 times)
avalon

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »

I should be on radio gloucestershire at 12.15pm today, talking about the hoard, and i will mention the problem of green waste, which is becoming a major problem.

avalon

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 06:22:07 PM »

Well I did my bit on the radio today, couldn't get everything in I wanted to say, but it might encourage a few farmers to allow metal detectorists on their land.

I start at about  0:16.09 on the time scale.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:24:11 PM by avalon » Logged

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »

Nice one Steve, well done mate Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »

Well done Steve, you def. threw out a few breadcrumbs, like 10,000,000. Shocked

Chances are the retailers will do well out of it as well.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Whiteduke

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 12:08:25 AM »

Don't know if you have read this Steve,but heres one idiots take on your interview.

http://paul-the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/metal-detecting-under-microscope-plague.html

what he expects in a 4 minute interview beggars belief. Embarrassed
maybe he would be happier if you didn't declare it,makes you wonder if its worth it.
Nothing to do with me but my blood boils reading this blog.
avalon

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »

Well well well if it isn’t my old  sparing partner Paul ‘half wit’ the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants, he was probably tipped off about this interview by Gloucestershire Archaeology, who usually go into contortions when I speak on the radio. As they don’t really want anyone pursuing a perfectly legal hobby, which is carried out by thousands of people  throughout the U.K, and have added significantly to our knowledge of the past.

The radio interview was live, I knew nothing about what Anna King would ask, and only replied to her questions. There was no time to mention the P.A.S or recording finds for that matter or the interview would have gone on for hours .
Paul’s only problem is they didn’t ask him, but then he was probably busy working on a pantomime  performance somewhere, as the arse end of a donkey !  Roll Eyes

avalon

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »

Well done Steve, you def. threw out a few breadcrumbs, like 10,000,000. Shocked

Chances are the retailers will do well out of it as well.

Val

People will always  enter the hobby hoping to get rich, and dealers will be rubbing their hands around the county as the tills start to ring. It’s the same when there is a big lottery win, people pile in, but very few people make a profit.

With the amount of land out there, and the population of Britain through the ages, I would think there are still 1000’s of hoard to find, probably a lot bigger than we have seen so far.

All that newspapers and  radio presenters want to hear is the value of the objects, rusty nails and pull rings don’t get many people excited.
To say detectorists are  only in it for the money, is totally wrong as the landowner has a say in it as well. Nothing wrong in screwing for Government for every penny you can, because they have certainly screwed us all over the years, time and time again.
Paul the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants may bleat on with his communist ramblings and say everything belongs to the state, but we live in a democracy where capitalist tendencies rule. Maybe he should go and work in a Siberian salt mine, and if were really lucky, they will seal the entrance. Grin

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal