Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advise please  (Read 4337 times)
Firefox
Rally attendee

« on: June 11, 2012, 11:35:28 AM »

this is a Question I get ask in my field of knowledge (Astrophotography) where do I start, what signs do I look for, as in, is it going to be a clear night, what should be the first object I try to photograph, and the questions go on… so I generally take them out with me a couple of times to help them set up.

Well now I am asking the same type of questions, as being very new to this, besides asking the local farmer, who tends to have his sheep out, where do you start looking, how you research places to find. is there any clubs near Builth wells, I have tryed e-mailing the Brecon club, but I dont know if they are atill going. I don`t need to confine my detecting just too local areas, so finding a buddy would be great.
So any advice, pointers, no matter what will be most welcome
At the moment I have a VK30, but will upgrade this, To a better machine,
Dave
woodbob123

vintage and home made

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »

Best advice I would offer is don't read the Mag's yet, find some land bit of scrub, local dog walk, wood and search around there find lot's of junk and coins, if children have used it for 100 years even better. Get to know how your detector works. If you can not find a club get out on lot's of rallys ask the organiser if anybody there would be willing to help or has the same machine and would explain how to set up and use it always people to help. Even Bad advice can be usefull but LOW AND SLOW always win's
  Land use local contacts or family contacts if that does not work you have to ask farmers, one or more will eventually say yes. Research local library local history society either or both should be able to help.
 said about mag's because if you read sky at night you see wonderfull photos nasa taken and enhanced. never the white fuzzy blobs the rest of us see or think we see. Been making a 24" dob on/off over the last few years do have a 12" dob (no remarks please) lack time and sky to take any decent shot's   Bob
Firefox
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »

Hi Bob
many thanks for that, I use a 11inc HD and have coming a William Optics FLT123 Triplet Apo Refractor, camura used Atik 383L
woodbob123

vintage and home made

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »

All i have used so far is a dslr coupled to my dob with a home made mount would love an apo but will just have to go for size. Hope in a year or two to get out to middle of spain for a few weeks. have ligh from 3 cities in my view at home on a cloudy night can sit outside and read. May see you at rally a week next sunday and would be pleased to show you all i know only take 10 mins     Bob
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:47:57 PM »

Not sure what rallie you going to Woodbob if this is the one with DW it will be the end of July . Happy hunting to you all.Nap.
woodbob123

vintage and home made

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 02:41:05 PM »

Well spotted not a week next sunday but 5 weeks or so unless another rally comes up.
Mrs Steptoe

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »

Hi Dave-Just to let you know that the Brecon Club decided not to carry on after its AGM in March,due to lack of interest/falling off of members.A great pity as it  would have been ideal for you .In the past we had informative and interesting meetings and some fun rallies.
  Sound advice from Woodbob.Always ask permission and respect the land.Unfortunately,a young man in Brecon has not done so over the past few years and has given detectorists a bad name in farms around the town.As one farmer said to me this afternoon:"The trouble is,it's all take and no give".I couldn't convince him otherwise.
 However,take a positive attitude and just keep asking.Hope you enjoy your first rally-the best place to meet fellow detectorists and gain valuable knowledge.
Firefox
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »

Hi Bob many thanks for the info re the rally, so how do I sign up, and where is it, question please, what happens at a rally, do you keep the finds ect are there areas marked out, if your ever up this wayand fancy a night under the stars drop me a pm, and your be more than welcome.
Firefox
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »

Mrs Steptoe- many thanks for the info and advise, it only ever takes one person to spoil the fun and to sow a negative seed
well I did go out with my son tonight, in the local park, and found 2p and a dog tag.......
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »

Mrs Steptoe- many thanks for the info and advise, it only ever takes one person to spoil the fun and to sow a negative seed
well I did go out with my son tonight, in the local park, and found 2p and a dog tag.......

one of the guys on here found a cat tag/collar buried in his garden , thing was the cat was still wearing it  Shocked Shocked

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal