Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: nokta golden sense  (Read 12082 times)
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »

I know I've said it before but there will "never ever" be a machine that will detect the small to medium hammered coins that we long to find at depth. Not that is, until a totally new detection system is developed.
The problem is that VLF motion machines are not able to "slice" detect, by that I mean it can't see an horizon 1 inch wide, 6 inches down, it sees the whole 6 inches and mineralisation is cumulative. So where a target becomes less responsive the deeper it becomes, the soil on the other hand becomes far more responsive the deeper you detect until the two have the same response profile and the target becomes invisible in the surrounding mineralisation.
It's the reason that air testing proves nothing as you've removed the all important camouflage of minerals and so the target becomes dominant.
Had we not been such a lazy lot and minded digging all forms of non-ferrous bits and bobs, it's possible that the research would have gone into T/R machines and we may have been digging deeper than we do today.
So the trick is not to worry about the depth of a machine on low conductors but to get as much sensitivity within the top 8" without giving positive false signals.
When people understand the physics then they'll stop believing the unbelievable and wasting their money on new machines.
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »

Now that uve put it that way chef it makes sense.good write up by the way.
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »

i am very pleased that people think that it is all propaganda  about the golden sense  more deep finds for me
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 05:18:31 AM »

cant wait to see your finds with one lol Cheesy

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
galoshers

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »

if none of the big name dealers sell them you can smell a rat ,as they would be first in line for wonderfull new machines that turn a good profit .
try before you buy is a good policy to follow before handing over your dosh
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »

saw a guy at the recent weekend wanderers rally digging a deeeeep hole around 20" diameter and around 20"+ deep , his mate waved the 'wonder machine ' above the hole , sure enough a signal , can i try mate , in goes my xs and ultimate coil to the bottom of the deeeep hole , nothing not even nulling over iron , in goes an etrac , same result , continuing on my button hunt i looked around a few minutes later to see the now very sweaty guy filling in the hole  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 07:25:22 AM »

if they worked we would all rush out and get one for the beaches,i would have a gold rolls royce and plastic surgery to have my man boobs reduced and an extension on my ............
 house come on not pecker need that reduced not bigger lol. Wink

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 08:48:14 PM »

my mate bought that golden sense at a very good price if the chap had known how to set it up he would never have sold it same detector has hit a small hammed at 14 inc the settings in the book are for where it was made not over here
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 08:53:57 PM »

14 inches on a small hammered  Grin

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 09:01:09 PM »

I've just checked my birth certificate and "no" I wasn't born yesterday lol. In air "ummm maybe...just" But in the soil, I'm afraid whoever has told you that is totally ignorant of the Physics of how metal detectors work. In fact I feel quite insulted that someone expects me to believe that  Undecided
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 09:47:49 PM »

no bull it will get that deep no prod
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

I'm sorry John but it's complete rubbish, as I have said to even suggest it is showing a total ignorance of the technology.
Watch this video of it air testing on a full flanged Eddy penny, which is not exactly small and even here it only gets 15".
AIR TESTING MY NEW NOKTA GOLDEN SENSE

And this is the best place to find comparison tests and if you check you'll see that the nokta doesn't score as high as the Explorers, XP's or even the golden mask;
http://www.metalldetektortest.com/nokta.html
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »

ok have it your way i have one and know what it will and wont do all demos are done in factory settings  they do not work over here air  tests well we all now they are rubbish so y not try one and find out for your self and then pass judgement you mite have a shock with the technology bit as well
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 11:10:48 PM »

I wouldn't waste my money John. The technology hasn't changed since the mid 70's when Charles Garrett developed it, it's a dead end technology, bells and whistles you can add and if you don't mind a very noisy machine, you may get a small increase in depth but I'm afraid the laws of physics can't be broken.
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »

saw a guy at the recent weekend wanderers rally digging a deeeeep hole around 20" diameter and around 20"+ deep , his mate waved the 'wonder machine ' above the hole , sure enough a signal , can i try mate , in goes my xs and ultimate coil to the bottom of the deeeep hole , nothing not even nulling over iron , in goes an etrac , same result , continuing on my button hunt i looked around a few minutes later to see the now very sweaty guy filling in the hole  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

enough said  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal