Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: porthcawl beach  (Read 19809 times)
saxonman

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »

I no Jonty Small Grin Grin....In the early 70s i had to pay for a permit from Barry council,which cost me 30shillings.It was abolished in the 80s,paper work was costing them to much......It actualy came under Pipe searchers license......As for insurance for beeches there is no need at all.Well unless some bright spark will think of it in the future......Barry does not come under the new license scheme and i think Porthcawl as well.......
  link=topic=14909.msg137799#msg137799 date=1338321256]
you may not have had a problem personally but others have been less fortunate and been prosecuted. There was a female detectorist on the I O Wight recently that was prosecuted.

To recommend to a novice detectorists that are  just starting out, to NOT comply with the Law and obtain a permit is simply irresponsible. I can only assume that you two are the sort of detectorists that think nothing of detecting on other people's land  without getting permission !

Regarding insurance......... if you cannot see the advantage of paying £8.00 for £10 million pounds cover for any eventuallity I can only assume that you are the type of person that has no building and contents insurance to cover your detector and equipment whilst out of the house ?

I haven't read stuff like this since  the viz comic

i`ll have you know that i tried to insure my gear whilst out the house,but as most of my detecting is done under the cover of darkness they wouldn't quote me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:23:40 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
Whiteduke

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 12:38:11 PM »

I think the clue is in the viz comment Val.

just because someone says they detect in the night,doesent make
it right to assume they are detecting without permission.

i wasn't exactly rolling on the floor with laughter when someone found it in there wisdom
to assume that i nighthawked and then went on to assume what my insurance preferences were.
THAT ! is fuel for a fire.

its an old cliche

Assume nothing,question everything.
db4

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 02:27:10 PM »

and a bit more info
Finds

All objects found on our foreshore, other than treasure, are in principle the property of The Crown Estate and may potentially be claimed by us. The procedure for reporting finds and the general principle in terms of rewards for treasure and non-treasure are explained on the terms and conditions page.

The Portable Antiquities Scheme exists to record all archaeological finds made by the public in England and Wales. As part of our permit we require that all archaeological finds found on our land are reported to your local Finds Liaison Officer. Archaeological finds found in Northern Ireland should be reported to the Police or the Director of the Ulster Museum.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 04:39:25 AM »

i so well at porthcawl coinshooting and dont get any hassle on of ****** guys who think they are funny till i put them right lol

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
peanut

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 08:07:22 PM »

i so well at porthcawl coinshooting and dont get any hassle on of ****** guys who think they are funny till i put them right lol

ahem .......cough..... Undecided  wots that in English then ?? Grin Grin
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »

even more interesting, put it in welsh dwb!!  sod them english guys!

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 06:08:28 AM »

sorry drunks oops Roll Eyes

gold = loads lol
silversurfer
Rally attendee

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:10 PM »

I concur with Whiteduke. I've lived in Porthcawl  since 1982 and detected on the beach opposite the fair and on Rest Bay all that time. Never ever heard about a permit and never been asked for one. We seem to give ourselves problems that are not there.

I would just like to put an end to this discussion once and for all. I had never heard about beach permits especially since im new to the hobby, however last sunday i decided to take the kids down to corney beach porthcawl fro a few hrs before people turned up. it was a bank holiday sunday.  The night before i went i was reading this forum and happened across the thread about beach permits. i decided to look into it and ended up downloading the free one to my pc where i printed it off.

Am I ever glad i did at 08.15 i was approached by a council worker asking me if i had a permit to detect on the beach. i duly showed him my permit and he thanked me for my time and left me alone.. if i hadnt had one i was informed there was upto a £3k fine

Tony

Garrett Euro Ace
Garrett Pro Pointer
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »

I concur with Whiteduke. I've lived in Porthcawl  since 1982 and detected on the beach opposite the fair and on Rest Bay all that time. Never ever heard about a permit and never been asked for one. We seem to give ourselves problems that are not there.

I would just like to put an end to this discussion once and for all. I had never heard about beach permits especially since im new to the hobby, however last sunday i decided to take the kids down to corney beach porthcawl fro a few hrs before people turned up. it was a bank holiday sunday.  The night before i went i was reading this forum and happened across the thread about beach permits. i decided to look into it and ended up downloading the free one to my pc where i printed it off.

Am I ever glad i did at 08.15 i was approached by a council worker asking me if i had a permit to detect on the beach. i duly showed him my permit and he thanked me for my time and left me alone.. if i hadnt had one i was informed there was upto a £3k fine

Tony

I don't know what sort of permit you had, but the beach in front of the fair (Sandy Bay) is not Crown Estate . Newton Beach is the only one at Porthcawl for which the Crown Estate permit is valid. See here for the Crown Estate map for South Wales:

http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/media/199747/metal-south-wales.pdf

legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 02:54:17 AM »

hahaha,thankyou all , made me chuckle

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 06:55:22 AM »

Lol he probably was a chancer looking to catch you out and then look for a bribe not to inform "his" officials Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
falcon.

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

Its privatly owed by pat evans + son that owns the fairground Wink
alun

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »

Anyways, hope you had fun detecting on Porthcawl and enjoyed your holiday dude  Wink
Never had problems on any part of the beach, even helped find a childs lost saint christopher. Happy days dudes and dudets keep on smilling  Grin

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »

porthcawl is a very hard beach to detect,the gold is over a meter down ,plenty of pound coins if you want to work the dry sand but otherwise forget it unless you just need some practice or fishing weight near break water wall where peeps fish off.
 i have never been stop by officials even when beach is packed in the summertime,in theory it should be loaded with goodies but the sand does not get moved about much there at all,i have watched it for two years waiting for sand to shift but it aint,had a few recent drop rings there but after a few tides they sink too deep.when i buy a mini digger i will nip down there one dark night and clean up lol .
 i did make a 138 quid there on a 3 day hunt after a very busy warm bank holiday last year.i will be trying my pulse machine out there soon so watch this space.
 rest bay is also a hard beach to do because of far too much sand on

gold = loads lol

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal