Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talacre scrap!  (Read 6528 times)
Christoph1945
« on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:18 PM »

Have been detecting the beach at Talacre for some time now and have turned up loads of scrap. Nails, bolts, tent pegs, and hypodermic needles. You name it; I think I found it. I have found a couple of bob in modern decimal coinage. Even turned up a 25cent  Euro piece; thought I had found gold when I first saw it in the sandshaker.  Shocked

The WW2 scrap is a curse, but I have started to use the darned stuff to give me an idea of the ways of the shifting sands. A couple of weeks ago I picked up over 20kg of .303 and .30 projectiles from one section of beach by using eyes only. Now intend returning and running the CS4PI over the same section of beach.

The lighthouse has now been sold and I ran into the new owners; lovely couple.

Any suggestions for Talacre. Please keep it clean!

* Talacre scrap 001.jpg (108.89 KB, 1754x1240 - viewed 1361 times.)
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:36:58 PM »

in my expeience if the 303 bullets are about 8'' deep the gold rings are in range so keep swingin,i use bullets and depth of fishing weights to determine wether to grid an area or move on to another one.the gold is there keep it up Smiley mike

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Christoph1945
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:59:42 PM »

Thanks Mike. The bullets came from one section of beach and they were just sitting on a thin, encrusted, layer of mud and sand. It looked as though the sea had stripped several inches of sand from on top of them. I am guessing that any pre 1939 objects may be under that layer of mud and sand. Going to work that section of beach on Sunday and see what may, or may not, turn up.

Chris

* Talacre bullets 001.jpg (61.17 KB, 620x877 - viewed 1158 times.)
sandpiper

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »

wow ! that spot looks promising, the bullets look crusty and very green showing they haven't been moved around much and been covered for a long time-looks a well eroded spot and finds may not be too deep
Is or was  Talacre a bathing beach ? if it was then there could some  gold there or find a spot nearby  where bathing was popular .
 Unfortunately I notice  you have a pulse machine which is hard work, if you had a  discriminator machine it would have been worth  going over the spot and just digging  only the medium (gold)tones .the weight of scrap could have some value as well
I'd get there quick before someone else!.
Interesting ships nails in your photo who knows what could be within reach of your detector Best of luck keep us posted

you have to believe it to achieve it !!
Christoph1945
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »

Hi Sandpiper, thanks for the encouragement. As you say..........the PI machine can be a bit of a pain, but it works well on wet sand and punches deep. Next time I have a few bob to spare; I'm going to get myself something with discrimination on it. Talacre has always been a popular place for campers and caravaner to chill out but not all that good for swimming.

Talacre is based on the river Dee estuary and there has always been shipping passing bye. The Vikings came bye to settle the area and the Romans passed on their way to and from Chester. Before the river Mersey was navigable; the Dee was a very busy waterway.

Oops, I didn't know that I had any ships nails in amongst that scrap! Which bits were ships nails?

Chris

Christoph1945
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 05:35:10 PM »

Talacre is starting to look a little more promising. Weighed in 19kg of scrap projectiles last weekend and the nice scrap man gave me £45.60p. I also turned up a couple of decimal coins and a George III halfpenny. The halfpenny was in verry poor condition, with the tail side verry corroded and flaking.

Chris  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 05:51:18 PM by Christoph1945 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal