Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: christening the F75  (Read 2774 times)
archie

« on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »

Finally managed to get out and christen the new F75 that I have had glaring at me  from the corner of the room since mid Feb Grin
I managed to get permission on a farm that has a roman road, and a drovers road running right through it. there is also, very close, a medieval nunnery, that is said to be the oldest in Wales. so it looks promising, I researched it and found that all the valuables from the church were buried in secret (even the stained glass window from the church, which was later recovered and re-fitted).
We went there on sunday, and searched around the first field, which, on the 1829 OS MAP showed the original farm house (now totally gone), but could'nt find much in the way of old house fitments as I expected, but I did find one of the old dumps in a dingle to the side, which was crammed with broken pottery and glass bottles (all victorian and edwardian) The F75 was skipping all over the place, but it was mainly the bottle tops and tins.
We had a look around the farm garden, and found a corroded bent ring shaped piece, didn't think much of it at the time, but when cleaned up later, found it to be copper/bronze, and guess it to be a roman ring.
I can't wait to get back there, as it looks pretty promising Wink

started with an Ace 250 now upgraded to F75
archie

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »

christ, didnt realise I was a billy!

diggerdave1

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »

Alrite Billy!..i mean archie.. Grin...
Nice write up m8..does sound like a promiseing site u have there" if undetected b4?...hopefully something proper Nice will come to light soon!.. Smiley..
Keep us informed in future....?....

Cheers Diggerdave1....
archie

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 07:19:56 AM »

thanks dave, no the farm is virgin territory.  I will have to go on the bottle collector websites to see if the bottles are any good.

nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »

lol----Billy no mates  Grin.........
you 'll find that the f75 can be very sparky around well crammed sites (bottle tops---rig pulls etc.).....put your discrim up to 4------if its still to sparky for you , miss all the numbers in your discrim up to number 16........

if you have nice clean ground, try in all metal....sensetivity as high as you can (I tend to go about 90-95) dig all signals above 16 and under 90

good luck on the nunnery......hope you dont get nun Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
archie

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »

Hi nobby, thanks for that.  I had the missus on her ace 250 with me so not much chance of being dragged away by rampant nuns Cry
The lady farm owner asked me if we could search in the garden as she said she had lost a bracelet around there, she said it wasnt gold or anything but it had sentimental value to her. I asked if she had any idea  where about she lost it, which she told me, then she said she was about 10yrs old when it went missing (she is in her mid 80's!!!!!)  UndecidedCheesy Cheesy
Still, that was where I found the ring.

archie

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »

did some more research on the area, and found that the nunnery dates back to the mid 12c.  Also a preaching stone that dates to 1760, so probable pilgrim bits maybe?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal