Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: happy farmer........ keep them happy  (Read 1998 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: April 28, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »

when i started detecting about 5 and a bit years ago i use to go on my own then and had my first detector the prizm 2 bought from maz over in ferndale,anyway plucked up the courage to go up a farm a few miles from me in bedwellty by the old 12century church. the farm is owned by two brothers ,got the permission and the trips there were every sunday on the third visit there one of the brothers asked me to have a look for a sentimental knife he had lost........ up until that time the brothers never really said much to me when i use to go there the wife of the one always came to the door when i got there....anyway the brother said it was in the barn he had lost it days before and he was quit cut up and looked really cheesed off that he had lost it, so i head off to the barn when i got there the barn was really big and i thought dont think i will find it ,it was full of hay and stuff but started to detect for it he was moving some of the hay bales ,then he was telling me that the knife was is grandfathers anyway after about 20 mins got the signal and found it for him ........ i have never seen someone so pleased to see a knife before his hole face was beaming with joy, he could not thank me enough ., i was so pleased for him just to see how he was that he had it back.   as i said always keep on the good side of the farmer and he will be a good friend as well.  Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »

Nice result there Kev. Lets remember guys , without the good grace of these farmers , we'd probably have little to no inland detecting.They're giving permission for virtual strangers , onto their land which is their livelihood. A relationship of trust must be built up, and its kind gestures like Kev had done will go a hell of a long way to improve the perception of detecting in general.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:26:15 PM »

Well said Tafflaff I find  being  straight with the farmers we meet gives them the confidence to grant us permission to search thier land look after your farmers and they,ll look after you  Roll Eyes mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
hedgehog
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »

That's a nice story Kev, glad you found it for him, made his year by the sound of it, well done that man!
waltonbasinman
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:49:55 PM »

Great little story Kev. The most important part of Metal detecting is the land to detect on. Look after the landowner and be straight. You never know he might tell his mate and you could get permission there as well. As Rob said , " No land, no detecting ".
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 05:42:01 PM »

well done there Kev.  i think the rest has been said by Rob and Paul, but the reward  for you was the feeling you had for finding it for him and seeing his reaction i bet,
like that's been said, farmers talk to each other and tell the stories,  this can often lead to new farms,  it all helps to keep them on our side hey,  then we get the pleasure of being able to do this magic  for them from time to time
 Alan

KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »

hi kev i believe you have made a friend for life its things like this gives detecting a good name, keep it up mate
 DES

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal