Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: at least 145!  (Read 6715 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: April 26, 2009, 04:32:45 PM »

i had a quick count at how many members on here that have not posted anything at all ,bit of a shock really 145 roughly think that's not the best is it as we have 301 members in total so far ! think we need to give a time limit to  members to stay on here ........ what do the rest of you think !!!!!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes or am i being to  fussy !!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 04:34:52 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »

I wonder how many of them will turn up at the next rally kev ! Roll Eyes

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »

hmm thats a point Adie  lol

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »

if they got 0 posts then 0 of them will be coming to the Rally. You cant attend if you havent asked to attend if you ask , then you'll have 1 post.  Wink

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »

taff its not just because of the rallies and i totally agree with you , but if they dont post say even  once  every couple of months dont you think it needs to be looked at ,just my thoughts !!!! Roll Eyes Smiley
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 04:59:08 PM »

O you are so demanding kev mate but soooo right ! Tongue

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »

perhaps admin should put together some statistics for us.

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
altinkum

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

no comment

explorers, my arse
waltonbasinman
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »

No Comment. !!!!!!!! Angry   No actually i will comment. If the system is easy to abuse, It will be abused. Has been said before I know but To go to a Detecting Wales dot com rally you must be a contributing member of the website and none of this twenty posts of welcome to the site. Proper contributions, interaction and general chit chat. Rant over but well spotted Kev.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:44:27 PM by waltonbasinman (Paul) » Logged
Charles Cater

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 06:07:02 PM »

I have been advocating this for a while now. Those that do not post are not worthy of being members. Just curiosity on thier part, that's all.

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
altinkum

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

my no comment meant i've said all this before other rally's organised by detecting wales but got shot down for saying it as it is. as i've said we dont expect 20 pages off anyone but at least log on now and again to read a few posts not just log on when a rallies coming up. i dont post much now due to the forum having a large pc brigade.  mike

explorers, my arse
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »

Whats a pc brigade?

I do see where you're coming from Kev, I think a lot of the '0 posts' are where people are signing up on the spur of a moment, having a quick read and not returning. I dont know what Geoff (Admin) thinks about this, they're just names on a database, they're not really having a negative impact on the site. The ones I thought people were more concerned about was those whose only posts are , 'sign me up' or ' when is the next rally' .
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:26:39 PM by tafflaff (Rob) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:20:40 PM »

HI ALL I BROUGHT THIS UP ONCE BEFORE A NEW MEMBER SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO THE FIRST RALLY AFTER WHICH THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN 1 OR 2 MONTHS IN WHICH TO
CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORUM IF NOT THEY THEN SHOULD EITHER BE TOLD TO START CONTRIBUTING OR LEAVE
 DES
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »

Its a tricky one ladies and gents. Initially we certainly needed as many members as possible, but Kev is right there are numerous people who do not contribute, but prefer to just read what is going on and I think that is fine. I myself am a member of several sites where I only post infrequently due to various reasons. Lots of our silent members though have IP addresses all over the world and throughout the UK for whom going to a rally is just not possible. I have spent many hours advertising this site on numerous international sites from South Africa - America - Italy and I certainly would not want to lose these valued members as in the long run it promotes what we are trying to achieve here in Wales.

I do however find it a bit grating when there are several local people who have turned up at the rallies which we go to great lengths to lay on and I know for a fact that they only post a "I'm coming" sort of message to include themselves on the rally list. At the last two rallies on the registartion list I have included a list of people who have posted under 10 posts. Some of these do go on to become regular posters and that is great and everyone should be given the chance to do this. Remember some of them are newbies and find the whole thing a tad intimidating - others are not as pc savy as the rest of us. There are however a small handful who are here purely for the rallies and that does perhaps need to be addressed. I'll have a chat with Geoff and see where we go with it.

Keep the debate going though - I am interested in peoples thoughts on this. Remember though we do need X amount to be able to pay the farmer at the end of the day and to fund the site. So there is plus points and minus points to keeping the silent majority and the "just here for the rallies brigade".

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 07:06:34 PM »

Neil, my grump with this when it arises before every rally is that we are Detecting Wales dot com, A website. To me that means the hard work you put in to put on these rallies is for the people who regularly contribute to the website to keep and maintain its aims. If people can,t access a computer or don,t know how to use one then why are they signing up for rallies. I absolutely love Detecting Wales and have meet some great people because of it, but get quite miffed by people who you only hear from when there is a rally. Do you have ways of telling what people have posted as well because i know a couple of users who i have looked at have basically said welcome to the site in every post. I know its tough but all they have to do is contribute. Sorry Neil rant over.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal