Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A long time ago I found a gold posy ring...... Gold fever!  (Read 1889 times)
hedgehog
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:13:30 AM »

Had an early c scope many moons ago, didn't know too much about detecting and got permission off a guy who owned a few acres around an old black and white farmhouse up in the Brilley mountains.
It was a nice sunny saturday morning and knocked on the door to let him know I was there , told me to go ahead but he was very busy and may pop over to see me later.
I headed for around the pond area because I thought that was a focal point, didn't take long before I dug up the gold ring, the inscription read "as god appointed ,so I am contented" with the long s's. I knew what it was even then and was over the moon , kept detecting but stopping occasionally to have another look at it, ahhhh it was lovely!
A while later he came over to see if I had found anything, I got him to hold his hand out and dropped the ring into it.
He said "you didn't find that here" I said I did and pointed out the inscription to him, he looked over to the farmhouse and saw his daughter in the doorway (about 150 metres), put his hands to his mouth and SHOUTED: "GLENYSSSSSS, FETCH THE SPADE", could faintly hear her say "what" , "FETCH THE SPADE".
Glenys duly came across with the spade , in the meantime I was trying to calm him down and convince him that it wasn't buried treasure.
He wouldn't listen and actually took the detector off me and started detecting away, took him about an hour to realise and I had to follow him around all that time!
The ring was sold at a local auction and we had half each, was £130 at that time which was a good sum.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »

great story that hedgehog bet it was funny seeing the farmer with your detector  Grin.i bet that ring would be a few for £s now. nice story. Wink
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

While he was using your detector you should have gone and milked his cows.lol

When he shouted to Glenys to fetch his spade I thought you were going to say that he was gonna rebury it as perhaps it held some dark secrets known only to him. My imagination running riot again. Smiley Smiley

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
hedgehog
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »

Never thought of it that way Richy , good point. "GLENYSSSS FETCH THE SPADE, I DIDN'T BURY HER DEEP ENOUGH"   Grin Grin Grin
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »

As yet I havent had the pleasure/excitement of finding a Posey ring,but I can imagine the feelingIGood story Hedgehog,I must admit I had dark thoughts as well  "GLENYSSSS FETCH THE SPADE, I DIDN'T BURY HER DEEP ENOUGH" .
Al Shocked Shocked Shocked

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »

Was it inscribed colgate  ???it must be the ring of confidence Grin Grin mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal