Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rucksack suggestions for detector  (Read 3127 times)
peanut

« on: March 05, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »

I'm looking for a simple cheap rugged  rucksack to use for my Garrett Euroace and small spade preferably in black or navy. I don't much care for the Garrett 's bag colour green yuk!
It needs to be about 550-600mm high but I could always cut a hole in the top to accomodate the tubes. Grin

I bought 2x off ebay, one of which turned out to be too small the other gigantic .Amazon pictures should be taken with a bit of artistic license Wink

30 miles from nearest small store so must be online order
peanut

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »

found one here in black....just the ticket  Grin
http://www.metaldetectorshop.co.uk/shopping_cart/index.php/accessories/carry-bags/garrett-all-purpose-backpack/p_61768.html
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:07:27 AM »

There we are then !!  Grin  all sorted.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
peanut

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »

There we are then !!  Grin  all sorted.

Val
well almost ! Roll Eyes  don't want to buy one of my wrong sized  rucksacks do you ? Grin Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »

No thanks, I've already got 2.  I cut the front out of one to make the ultimate finds/bits bag. See attached picis.
These days it takes me all my time to carry me so the less 'other' stuff the better.
I combined a computer strap for a belt and slide my bungie harness onto it as well. I get my phone, a couple of sweets,rag, plasters, poo paper Embarrassed and pin pointer in, attach detector and away. Works for me. Wink

Val

* P1020718 Quick e-mail view.jpg (81.95 KB, 640x426 - viewed 1467 times.)

* P1020719 Quick e-mail view.jpg (90.56 KB, 640x426 - viewed 1518 times.)

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »

WHOOPS ! Too late. My advice for anyone looking for a rucksack to hold a detector is, unless you are that stuck for space....DON'T.
Although all detectors come in several pieces, the conectors and collars are not that brilliant and the less you can use them the better. If you want to use a bag to keep your machine safe, then I would recommend either a snowboard bag or a golf travel bag.
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53:52 AM »

Being a lifelong biker, I already have my set-up for riding to locations sorted. This does involve a rucksack and yes it means stripping the machine down
every time I go but its just not an option to not go biking.
If I did use a golf or snowboard bag, I'd look like that advert on TV about 'think biker'..   Cheesy

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
peanut

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

WHOOPS ! Too late. My advice for anyone looking for a rucksack to hold a detector is, unless you are that stuck for space....DON'T.
Although all detectors come in several pieces, the conectors and collars are not that brilliant and the less you can use them the better. If you want to use a bag to keep your machine safe, then I would recommend either a snowboard bag or a golf travel bag.

don't worry Geoff its only a Euroace and they are  rattle like hell  from new anyway  Grin

You can't walk several miles with a spade and detector slung over  your shoulders and trying to carry all that weight in a carry bag will soon break your arms . You certainly can't do either on a bicycle

The most sensible solution is a rucksack which is why Garrett sells them Wink

I'm looking to buy the optional locking centre tube when I can find a sensible shipping rate .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal