Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best descrimination setting for coins?  (Read 7962 times)
peanut

« on: March 04, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »

Still getting used to my Euroace  and despite finding a couple of nice hammered last week I still worry sometimes if my aggressive descrim setting is losing me some hammered signals .
I tend to search in Custom mode and I usually have the top 6x notches active with everything else descrimmed out. The scale suggests it includes foil and I do see the odd bit here and there but unfortunately I do not know where tiny hammered silver coins occur on the scale .

I could search in all metal mode but I find the loud caphchofany of different sounds drive me up the wall on a mineralised site within just a few minutes.

I'd be curious to know what settings  other Euroace /ATPro users use on fields with high mineralised content  and whether my descrim settings could be missing hammered
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 12:10:09 PM by peanut » Logged
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »

I know nothing about the Euro Ace whatsoever, but working on my experience with the dfx and etrac you are not going to be able to discriminate foil without the risk of discriminating out cut halfs / quarters .  I would be very interested in knowing if any machines out there (or their users) can discriminate out foil or know for a fact that they are not leaving a hammered in the ground.  Smiley

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
gijan

my sir garret can find it ...yes he can

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:29:49 PM »

2 of my hammies were found ,,,on foil.....u must look at screen and listen 2 signals.... Roll Eyes  practice makes ,,,,,,,,,,well almost......happy digging..... Roll Eyes

my sir garret can find it ..yes he can...
peanut

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:42:36 PM »

unfortunately Gijan  i cannot look at the screen due to my poor closeup eyesight Angry
 this is why I am concerned I might be missing stuff.
Rob you have kinda confirmed my worse fears about foil settings.The 6x notches on my custom setting actually states it includes foil  but I do not know which notches could exclude the smaller pieces of cut hammered.

Saying that I did find a Charles 1st penny last week and it don't come much smaller than that !  Grin  but unfortunately I had fiddled with the descrim notches and I'm not sure of the exact setting when i found the hammered
gijan

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »

sorry peanut my eyes r bad....its just i had a iffy signal on a dig and i looked at the screen and it woz on foil .......anyway i dug and out of the hole came a cracking hammie....ever since i always dig now the foil.....and yes i dug yet another hammie on screen it wos near the foil icon..........what i might add is if ur not sure just dig it up.....i have also found dinaruis...on a iffy but not on a ding ding signal......will have 2meet u on a dig one day.....if we,re on same dig then plez pm me and i will bring my iffy finds 2 show u....... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes gijan

peanut

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »

thanks for that . Because i cannot see the screen I have to dig everything that sounds ok . I don't usually dig iffy signals like one way signals or signals that give a different notch result for each swing direction  .
I can see the screen well enought to make out the rough position of some signals dependant on light levels and sun glare etc but I normally rely on my hearing which is the way I've detected for the past 12 years.

gijan

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »

bless.....will have 2 do a bit of digging with our garrets....... Roll Eyes

Drivertess

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 05:00:03 PM »

If you do not want to miss anything Relics is the best
WeCan-Octavian
Superhero Member

''On it like Sonic''

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:08:46 AM »

Hi peanut

As your probably aware i had some excellent success with the euro ace over the last year, i kept it on my custom setting all the time as per the the attached pic, unfortunatley like Jan says you have to dig the foil signals and you will also dig large iron as that gives a belting DING DING  tone. I always ran on full sensitivity and only knocked it back two notches at the most on mineralised ground. I also ran it with the 13'' ultimate coil which did make it deeper and more sensitive to smaller targets (small hammereds) as always listen for the two way signal and check it from different angles if unsure.Also if it grunts and then goes quiet and bounces all over its generally iron. There wasnt very much that i missed now im going over land where ive covered previous with the explorer xs and so far its only been buttons and lead that ive found,  the garrett has produced the coins from these areas already. As per the pic numbers 1-4 below is a general list of which items have come in where:

1 - 3 : Deep Hammereds, foil,Roman,Gold,buttons,small lead

3 - 4 : As above dependant on depth and conductivity and size, milled silver, copper alloy coins,large lead,large iron ie horse shoes

Hope this helps
Nick

* euroace.JPG (120.53 KB, 616x392 - viewed 1177 times.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 06:10:18 AM by WeCan-Octavian » Logged

''By order of the long haired general'' I now use a Minelab !!!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal