Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Melonhead not jet-lagged anymore  (Read 1553 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: February 27, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »

as it says above melonhead back in his old ruten we went back to the new farm again on Saturday weather lovely and sunny got there at 10-15am, melonhead wanted to go back on the field that i got a Charles 1st hammy from Thursday, and i went on a new field as this was our only second visit to this farm i thought i would try this field and mark started grinding the other field , i started grinding but got a bit fed up on doing it so just wandered about , i was picking up a lot of ointment tubes and bits of lead, but by 11-35am i had a type of button signal and dug it and up popped the Abergavenny token farthing, i was well pleased with that. i did try ringing mark who had told me to take my phone which i did rang him for about 10mins altogether but who left his phone in the car !!! yes melonhead by name melonhead by nature  Grin Grin Grin only joking . when i did get his attention he came over and he opened his and and had a sesterius we think.and two other grotty roman coins from the field he was grinding, later on on the same field i was in i got the soldino  another button type signal ,its funny that the day before i was reading about the D.W.member that had found a soldino. we had a bit of lunch and we decided to go back into the field mark found the sestertius and the other roman grots. mark was grinding again and then up popped a denarius of Hadrian we think anyway !! what a lovely find and that is his first ever denarius as well. lots of tubes came up and only  two copper coins of George 3rd . what we had a great day and good finds from a farm after only two visits.

* 032.JPG (49.5 KB, 595x226 - viewed 818 times.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:13:39 PM by Casa-Dos (kev) » Logged
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »

i think you burnt him out thursday and saturday...yesterday i think it crept up on him again..lol.. Grin

* SAM_7137.JPG (204.84 KB, 646x485 - viewed 817 times.)

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »

love that photo Ray  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin, yes i did make him earn his finds thursday & saturday. Grin Grin Wink
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »

he been on the rough cider?

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 07:07:41 PM »

ray what a brilliant photo mate,Kev i think he was knackered after sneaking all his duty free in  Grin Grin Grin Grin but great to see him back.Viv
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »

had the soldino id its................................Venetian soldino issued by Doge Leonardo Lauredan (1501-1521) as i didn't know .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal