Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: PRIZE AT A RALLY  (Read 7679 times)
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 05:48:06 PM »

If theres one thing i hate is a cheat  Angry

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
waltonbasinman
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 05:54:23 PM »

Al, you are right. for this to be achievable we have to trust peoples honesty and integrity. I have said this on another thread when i knew that finds presented at some rallies had so obviously not been in the ground for a long time.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »

Great idea Kev but as its already been pointed out there will always be somesone that doesnt understasnd the sense of fairplay.
It wouldnt be the 1st time someones brought something for there collection to impress others
I think a there should be a prize for the most unless trash collected in one rally id will hands down ;0)
altinkum

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 06:44:46 PM »

sell raffle ticket's and put up a few coin or artifact book's as prizes

explorers, my arse
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »

Taking Altinkums idea one step further , rather than sell raffle tickets , £1 extra entry then just draw names from a 'Hat'

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »

they out there mate,  people you think you can trust too,  seems all  honesty ,trust , fairplay and integrity goes out the window when there is something at stake
oh  by the way Rob, the 2 Mike Peg's video's /and c/ds are in the club library.
 the old cheater is on before me on the first one, "down to earth"  ,   i fumbled as i didn't know what was happeing when a guy appeared and poked a microphone in front of my face and and saw a camera rolling lol ,  i couldn't even remember the name of my detector  lol

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »

Hi millsy

Its not the money for some poeple its winning that counts
Im not going to name names here but cheating has and does go on and like Alan said its the people you least expect
simon c

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 08:36:40 PM »

How about a week in Borth all in. That should cost no more than £3.30. No I am sure a coin or artefact or £15 at a detector shop would be suffice. What does anybody else think. Perhaps have a bigger prize for a find of the year every christmas. Just mooting some ideas.
Paul i lived in Borth for two years Grin £3.30 that'll be one of the 5 star B+B's then lol,lovely place in the winter theres nobody there,detectings not much cop though.
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »

hi all if someone is found to be cheating on one of our rallys they must be dropped from the forum ,
hedgehog
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »

Taking Altinkums idea one step further , rather than sell raffle tickets , £1 extra entry then just draw names from a 'Hat'
Great idea Altinkum and Rob, finding something nice is reward in itself
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 12:38:04 PM »

on the cheating subject when i said about the prize at a rally , i did think of the ones who make out they found something at a rally but brought it with them . at the end of the day they are CHEATS and the only ones they empress are themselves, so if they are thinking of bringing your so called finds to a rally MR CHEAT  you are a sad and not a proper detectorist at all ..............................by the way im not saying there are CHEATS on our site , but you just dont know HuhHuh!!!!!!! Huh Huh. anyway i hope we do this prize for best coin and artifact it will be great for our foram , and our members morally  Grin
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »

yeah, i second that too, or raffles,   the scan club used to do raffles on our inter club rallies one time,

The trouble is now there is so much of it going on that if anybody finds anything realy nice you get lots of people wondering, was that realy found here today, Huh?   getting half tarred with the same Brush. a lot of doubting goes on and you can look bad for nothing,

Some years ago now i was at a ralley At  Swansea beach  at the N.C.M,D Beach ralley,
 A very large machine had gone through the beach as a lot of work was going on there,  it had huge wheels and made deep ruts in the sand which everybody was avoiding, i thought hmm i'll have a go at it,  may may find something older down there,  anyhow,    i managed to find a nice george 3rd silver  Bullhead sixpence near the bottom and in the side of the rut,
 when i put it in at the end of the day someone said hey , thats a nice one,  that should win the coins section.
After waiting around for ages for the results ,  it won, just after giving me the trophy i heard one of them say, "he didn't find that here,  he's brought that with him"  what !!!!!!  i didn't bother arguing,  didn't want to cause bad feeling between the clubs, but if i was independant he could have looked out,  but it was a genuine find there on that same day,
 that remark took the excitment and the shine right off it for me, but it shows you can't go out and make a genuine find without some one suspecting something cos they didn't win it.  i was on 2 minds whether to sling it back at them  but thought iv'e waited here long enough, i haven't done anything wrong, i'll keep it,
iv'e still got the coin, i keep it on the trophy.

I was noticing that the big rallies all over the country were stopping the best finds comp. as well because of all the cheating that was going on,
A lot of the prizes were much much less than the £25 too,.

Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »

Al ,thepastfinder allan i bet you were really annoyed with that remark that was made to you, you will always have people who doubt others ,as you said you found it so you dont have to prove to anyone do you . at the end of the day think our members will bide by the great standards of this detecting wales .com site and think on this site we have great commeradery and also at our rallies that EVERYBODY gets on well and just want to enjoy their day detecting because it is our great HOBBY . if we do have a finds prize for coin ,artifact think all our members will be happy for the guy or gall that's wins .......
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:27:59 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged
Debbie

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

I think that the raffle ticket idea from altinkum is a good one - perhaps you could charge £5.50 or £6 for entry to the rally, and everyone is given one raffle ticket, then everyone has an equal chance of winning on the day.  A prize for best find would be good, but as other members have posted earlier - some may cheat and others may be genuine and accused of cheating - a 'lose / lose' situation. Sad Sad old world really............... Angry Angry
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 01:56:43 PM »

Grin good idea Debbie ,my thoughts are why should be bow down to the cheats, if we do get any  and they  get caught ban them of the site for EVER
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:51:38 PM by CASA-DOS (kev) » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal