Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello chaps.... Have I dropped a boo boo?  (Read 7565 times)
Dusty

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 08:07:46 PM »

Thanks chaps!

Strange question, how does UK soil differ from US soil...anyone know?

Also, Ive been hearing a lot about "HOT ROCKS" The only time Ive heard those words was about 20 years back in my youth when I smoking stuff  Smiley

Word is on UK soil in good conditions the 250 has (Allegedly) reached at coin target @ 11" while in the US it struggles at 6" in the same conditions? Im just curious to know why.....?

Cheers all.....

Dusty, Wrexham
cider(martin)
Rally attendee

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

Hi dusty, ive got an ace 250 and I think its a good machine. Ive had quite a few good finds with one being what I believe is a roman spoon which I still have to get dated.

you only live once so enjoy it
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »

Hi there dusty and welcome mate like the boys said make sure you give it time my first was a garrett its not about how deep it go,s as i keep on saying most finds are found in the first few inches its how you use it any park is a good place to start i found tons of coins with mine in the park by us it sorts out the tones on silver to copper and foil and junk  Wink so best of luck with that and hope to see you soon best regards (phil)

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Dusty

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 10:31:37 PM »

Thanks chaps.

It arrived in the post this morning, I whacked some batteries in it and went up-to my mates house... He wasn't too interested but his other half was quite intrigued and we set about finding something. I checked out his flower bed and picked up a 2p coin at about 3" YES MY FIRST FIND Silly as it sounds I was pretty chuffed  Grin

The front garden was a different kettle of fish altogether. I had the machine in coin mode and done a steady sweep and picked up 25 targets in a garden no bigger than the average living room, sadly they wouldn't let me dig so god knows what lurking in that soil!

The Garrett look like it has promise my only grumble is it'll trigger on something then after digging it wont trigger at all in or around the area, then when its had a rest it'll trigger again in the hole.....  Huh

I suppose its all about the learning curve, and if this buzz continues it will be a steep one  Grin
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 05:57:51 AM »

Good advice Alan !

It can take months or even years to know your machine depending how often you use it.

Looks like you got the bug Dusty so it wont take you long  Grin

All the best and good Hunting !

Regards
Phil Jones
RARE
Dusty

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 11:48:56 PM »

Quote from: HAYABUSAGSX1300R (RARE) link=topic=1416.msg12050#msg 12050 date=1240984671
Good advice Alan !

It can take months or even years to know your machine depending how often you use it.

Looks like you got the bug Dusty so it wont take you long  Grin

All the best and good Hunting !

Regards
Phil Jones
RARE

Oh christ Ive got the bug alright!  Grin

Was out all day today, must have walked 15 miles with me mate, his other half and son! Found a few quid a handful of 1962 coins and plenty of rubbish, My problem is Ill dig anything regardless.... Just gotta get to grips with this machine, it does have a habit of screaming on right sweep but nothing coming back on the left sweep... Ill put it down to inexperience for now  Roll Eyes

Thanks all

Dusty, Wrexham
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 04:16:12 AM »

Hi Dusty

When i started 1st i used to detect totally on the beaches and i used to drag my spade behind me so i know where id been (something i learnt after seeing someone else doing it on the beach).
When i got my Minelab Advantage pro Much (more sensitive than my Garrett treasure ace) i didnt understand why i was getting signals at both ends of every sweep  Huh It,ll i realised the Detector was picking up my spade  Roll Eyes
Dusty

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »

Mmmmmmm maybe my Garrett needs a service?

It was (Allegedly) bought in October 08 but being an eBay purchase I'm not so sure...

Anyone know who the local Garrett service centre/stockist is in the UK?

Cheers all

Dusty, Wrexham

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal