Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MINELAB EXPLORER II  (Read 4308 times)
WeCan-Octavian
Superhero Member

''On it like Sonic''

« on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »

Hi all just a premature test the water to see if anyone will be parting with a minelab explorer II within the next few months ?

''By order of the long haired general'' I now use a Minelab !!!!!
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »

Hi all just a premature test the water to see if anyone will be parting with a minelab explorer II within the next few months ?
yes mate i have one works very well looking for £400
WeCan-Octavian
Superhero Member

''On it like Sonic''

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »

Thanks for the reply John, im watching a few on ebay but think it will be a few months before i get one.

Thanks

''By order of the long haired general'' I now use a Minelab !!!!!
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »

Thanks for the reply John, im watching a few on ebay but think it will be a few months before i get one.

Thanks
no prod if i still have it give me a shout
SpineyDave

Mine

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »

Hi Norman,
You'll enjoy the explorer 2, I had mine for years and found loads of stuff with it. Like most minelabs it will test your arm and your ears. It took me a couple of months to get to grips with all the settings and sounds, but well worth the effort. Not to sure if I should have bothered upgrading to the E-trac, but the deed is done.
Best of luck

Dave
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »

I like the Exploder 2, still got mine with lots of coil options, nice deep machine.

I'd recommend looking at the Whites DFX as well Nick if you want to save some dosh, I prefer the display on the DFX, gives you more information, but prefer the sounds from the Minelab, if only they could cross the 2...   the DFX also seems better balanced and lighter to me. Would prefer to swing the DFX all day rather than the EXP2 thats for sure...

- Andy

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »

I agree with the better balance on the DFX, but as to the screen giving more information, I think that translates to "more excuses not to dig" Wink
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »

Hmm you could be right Chef Grin  but I think its easier to spot the sh*t on the dfx with that nice spectragraph display I think, those fingers nicely bunched helps a lot. The explorer tries as it makes the cross hair jump around a lot, but I just prefer the signagraph as a display, but prefer the nice sounds of the Exp2 (once you get used to what to listen to amongst the cacophony of noises it produces). Pity we cant cross breed them  Grin

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »

Well that's what I mean, "its easier to spot the sh*t" how do you know unless you dig it? you believe the machine, as we all do and that's the problem and always will be. After all they are only machines and are making a best guess on the information they receive.
Personally I dig very little trash with the explorer probably less than 1% of my dug targets are iron. As you say learn the tones and if you must look at the screen then use the smart screen as the numbers on them can take an age to stabilise.
At the end of the day though they all do what it say's on the tin and they all have there + and - points, so whatever machine you use, practice practice practice and when you have set it up in a known UK reliable way, LEAVE IT ALONE!
That is one of the only problems with, not the machine but the new DFX user is they are tempted to change the myriad of settings when the self or machine doubt sets in, as it does with all of us at one time or another.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal