Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Aston quits time team  (Read 8271 times)
doddy10

« on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »

This makes the program more interesting  Grin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2097965/Veteran-quits-Cambridge-beauty-joins-TVs-Time-Team.html
Nick

Minelab SE Pro & CS4pi user

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 12:59:02 PM »

Toys out of the pram time ?
waltonbasinman
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »

From someone who defends the programe from the sometimes blinkered view some detectorists have about archaeology I do admit the new so called young blood currently parading as co presenters and Landscape archaeologists etc this series is as bland and boring as it gets. The apparant need to turn the series into a reality type show has lost the fact based evaluation type dig into basically dullness. Right time to go I think Mick.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »

I agree Paul. I have been an avid fan of the program since day one but when the first noticeable budget cuts hit in 2010 it lost that certain something.
While the new faces are a fresh look, they don't carry the authority of knowledge that the old line up of academics had. Alex Langland was good on the "farm" series of programs but that was a different format and his style worked but doesn't as far as I'm concerned with TT.
And Mary-Ann has a masters? umm well OK I'll believe you Grin But what field archaeology experience does she have? When I was in Uni, History was the dumbarse degree and I doubt if Archaeology is far behind (no offence) as without the years of field experience after qualifying then what knowledge can you bring to the table?
I think we are seeing TT in it's final death throws....shame Cry
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »

ohh i like a woman with hairy legs ooooh

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
avalon

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 05:16:44 PM »

Old Mick, never did like detectorist’s, but at least he’s not a bitter man, Now what did he say in the papers  ‘ I’m not proud of Time Team , it hasn’t worked’, No Mick, but it’s paid your wages for the last 20 years.  Roll Eyes

Oh well lets have a bit more eye candy on screen, I do notice the camera man often lingers a little longer than he should, on the well endowed girls bent over in the trenches.  Grin

Good man!

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »

I agree she is marginally better looking than Mick.

Like many I have had a love/hate view on Time Team for a long time - although I abhor their views on detecting, it did tend to hold one's interest for a while.

I haven't seen any of the new series, but I have heard about the dumbing-down elsewhere and haven't made an effort to catch the programme.

While we all love to hate Mick, Phil and Baldric, at least you can have a laugh at their clothes, haircuts and their dinosaur-like opinions. This  new girl appears to be only there for eye-appeal, and that's not what Time Team should be about.
Mungo

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 07:33:49 PM »

poor old Mick................rough old bird compared to Dr Alice Roberts...........a proper gentleman to boot

* me and micky.jpg (31.66 KB, 425x293 - viewed 390 times.)
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »

He certainly is Mungo, I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times at BBQ's and parties of a mutual friend. He makes no apology for his dislike of the hobby of detecting but after being a county archaeologist for many years, he has seen the worst face of the hobby.
Just look at any posts on here when the term Traveller or Gypsy is mentioned and the comments it attracts from members who should know better, I'm afraid we all have our own levels of tolerance. At least he is quite open about them.
Da Monkey
Superhero Member

secret CTX LuVVeeerrrrrr

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »

I'm not surprised, I have noticed that Baldrick and Stripey seem to be more confrontational in this present series.

I miss Ikeypoo, Kerenza, she doesnt seem to turn up much these days.  At least OOaarr is still hanging in there.

Will be surprised if it goes much over the 20th series...

I like the young guy with the flat cap, he was good in Victorian & Edwardian farm etc. 

Would like to see more factual bits, I hate all that time they waste building stuff to try out, they should be digging - they only have 3 days !  Roll Eyes

BOOOOMMMM  BABBBBEEHHHHH!!! I've found even more old tat !!!     Grin Grin
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 09:07:04 PM »

Roll Eyes well it always happen this way leave the place to the youngster but thats the way it goes . A bientot Aston .
Mungo

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 04:05:41 PM »

www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9070961/Time-Team-Mary-Ann-Ochota-quits-channel-4-archaeological-show.html

that was quick.............. Grin Grin Grin
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »

I hope it was nothing I said Embarrassed
avalon

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »

Perhaps we could have Paul the vexatious blogger with incredibly itchy underpants as co-presenter, shame to dig all those trenches and not fill them. Grin

doddy10

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »

well that didnt last long !

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/time-team-presenter-mary-ann-ochota-quits-.html

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal