Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Third Reich Scarce and Highly Collectable Coins  (Read 20477 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: January 27, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »

The Third Reich minted a range of coins of different designs through their 7 mint factories. As a
general rule, the less coins minted by a particular mint factory, then the harder it would be to find
these coins and thus the greater their potential value on todays market. 1936 was a particularly
good year for most denomination coins, particular the smaller Reichspfennig coins. Keep a
special eye out for most coins minted in that year irrespective of mint mark. 1945 is another year
to keep an eye on. In May 1945, the Nazi regime came to a crunching halt along with its captured
or destroyed mint factories. here is a few to look at ................

Reichskreditkassen: 10 Reichspfennig (1940-1941)

Reichskreditkassen: 5 Reichspfennig (1940-1941

50 Reichspfennig (1939-1944)

5 Reichsmark (1936-1939)

2 Reichsmark (1933) Luther

The Third Reich started issuing clearly identifiable "Nazi" coins (ie with swastika) from 1936. Although
the Nazi's were in power from 1933, the designs for the smaller denomination coinage were simply a
continuation of "Weimarer Republik" designs. It was only from 1936 that the smaller denomination Third
Reich coins had the Nazi Reichsadler and Hakenkreuz (swastika) incorporated into the coin's design. Prior
to 1940, small denomination coins were minted from "superior" metals ie copper (1 & 2 Reichspfennig),
Copper/Aluminium Alloy (5 & 10 Reichspfennig), and depending upon the year either Nickel or Aluminium
(50 Reichspfennig). Things radically changed after the 1939 and the start of the Second World War
however. After 1939, no more large denomination silver coins were minted (2 and 5 Reichsmark). Smaller
denomination coins continued to be minted but no longer using the "superior" metals. From 1940, almost
all the small denomination coins were minted from an "inferior" zinc base metal. The exception to this
were 50 Reichspfennig coins which were instead minted from an aluminium                                                                                                       
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:49:14 PM by Casa-Dos (kev) » Logged
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:52:22 PM »

The 3rd Reich had a number of mints (coin factories). Each mint location had its own identifiable letter. It  is therefore possible to identify exactly which mint produced what coin by noting the mint mark on the coin. Not all mints were authorized to produce coins every year. The mints were also only authorized to produce a set number of coins with some mints allocated a greater production than others. Some of the coins with particular mint marks are therefore scarcer than others. With the silver 2 and 5 Reichsmark coins, the mint mark is found under the date on the left side of the coin. On the smaller denomination Reichspfennig coins, the mint mark is found on the bottom center of the coin.

A = Berlin
B = Wien (Vienna)
D = München (Munich)
E = Muldenhütten (Dresden)
F = Stuttgart
G = Karlsruhe
J = Hamburg
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »

there's 3rd reich crockery too i missed out on buying some at auction about a year ago

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Jassy
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:56:31 PM »

damn ,the one i got in my collection is a 1937 one Sad

Everything happens for a reason.....
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »

u cant change history dude just learn by it

gold = loads lol
jdaykoda
Rally attendee

Explorer SE Pro...

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »

Yeah i know.....just my opinion........ Lips sealed
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »

in this political correct new world we now live in u cant even say man hole without offending some body lol

gold = loads lol
scruff
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 06:23:42 PM »

we have to learn from history, and knowledge is the greatest asset in that quest,  i  am very interested in the slave trade and all that it incurred,  but only  to learn and make sure that it never occurs again.
 i find the coins of great interest and the poster should be congratulated for raising the  matter.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 06:34:18 PM »

The Third Reich was actually part of our G.C.S.E history module many 25 years ago. I think its our duty to discuss such parts of history to make sure our Children and Grandchildren  know that Terrible wars don't only happen in oil filled deserts.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »

it is a major part of present day gcse courses. no reason not to discuss it.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

when u did ur exams taff they were still in power lol

gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal