Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACK FLAMINGOS ARRIVE IN TORREVIEJA  (Read 2397 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: January 12, 2012, 05:06:50 PM »

Well…What looks like a flock of black flamingos grazing in Playa del Cura sea, is really the ADAPT Metal Detecting Club aqua division testing out their magic sticks in the sea at Playa de Cura Torrevieja.
These detectors are a special underwater type which can detect metal objects underwater as well as on land.
“We are a club that likes to promote our professional club.
All members wear their photo IDs when doing club activities as we have a very strict code of conduct” says team leader Roderick Toms.

Our club helps to clean the beaches and sea of any sharp metal objects and batteries which all helps for a cleaner environment for us all to enjoy.

In Total, we have 40 members who wave their sticks up and down the coast in the sea and on the beach. It is an exciting hobby and gives us healthy exercise, a bit of fun.
We also donate the odd coin or peseta the ADAPT organisation charity pot.

The club offers a FREE search & recovery service for anyone that has lost a sentimental metal object (subject to conditions).

“What we would really like, is the opportunity to metal detect on some dry land, possibly a farm or a plot of land to help find the history beneath our feet as it all around us here and we don’t know it.”
topcat
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »

I have detected in the San Pedro , Mar Menor, and El Mojon beaches it was like detectorists heaven, i was talking to a archaeologist on a roman site between san pedro and El mojon and mentioned that i was a metal detectorist and he told me that they would not let me help on the site with my detector as are banned on the inland sites.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal