Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Farmer Phil Past Away Year Today  (Read 13858 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: December 24, 2011, 07:02:44 AM »

It as been a year since our great friend and detecting mate FARMER PHIL passed away.
Myself and Melonhead have truly missed him and he is never far away from our thought and often popes up in our conversations, When we are out detecting and find some silver or some thing good we always thank Phil for looking down on us. We always feel that there is something missing when we are out detecting (FARMER PHIL)
We have been very fortunate that we are still able to go over and detect on the land that Phil got for us to use over in the Abergavenny area but it is not the same with out him.
Phil may have gone but he will not be forgotten as you all know Myself and Melon head have a find of the day every time we go out the winner as a cup and the loser a big yellow plastic banana.
Also on this site we have the Farmer Phil rally poll which was started at the beginning of this year and also the coin and artefact poll both in pill’s memory .Both have been a great success both myself and Melon head would like to thank procouncil Neil and Taff for allowing us to do this and also the members for participating and supporting both the poll’s.
I have known Phil for over 30 years firstly as a work colleague and then as a fellow detectorist.Phil was a rear bred a true gentleman. I remember when I came out of hospital after my accident and went over to see Phil, melon head and basonman over Abergavenny . As soon as myself and Aunty Ann arrived Phil made such a fuss he was like an old mother hen making sure that I was warm enough and comfy in my wheelchair. As usual he had a boot full of goodies (choc muffins, macoy crisps and Pepsi) Phil always came armed with enough food to feed an army but would never except anything him self of any one. He had also brought a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates for aunty Ann for looking after me.(PHIL WAS ALWAYS SO THOUGHT FULL) .Phil was a true friend and a gentleman .

WE ALL MISS YOU “FARMER PHIL” AND AS PHIL ALWAYS SAID BEFORE WE STARTED DETECTING
“GENTLEMEN IT AS BEEN A PLESURE”

I THINK YOU WOULD ALL AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE.
“PHIL  IT WAS A PLESURE TO KNOW YOU AND YOU WERE A GENLEMAN”

SO WILL YOU ALL PLEASE RAISE A GLASS OVER THE FESTIVE SEASON IN MEMORY OF YOUR FRIEND “FARMER PHIL”
some shots of the good man .............................

* 004_aaaaa.jpg (28.02 KB, 175x184 - viewed 653 times.)

* detecting_finds_015 - Copy.JPG (60.52 KB, 576x324 - viewed 645 times.)

* DETECTINGWALES_members_out_today.jpg (90.51 KB, 460x345 - viewed 650 times.)

* P1000194_[1024x768].jpg (88.07 KB, 526x587 - viewed 667 times.)

* PICT0889.jpg (127.58 KB, 820x615 - viewed 619 times.)

* the_coin_magnet.jpg (236.85 KB, 864x1152 - viewed 877 times.)

* untitled.jpg (59.07 KB, 492x369 - viewed 872 times.)

* phil.jpg (66.04 KB, 661x372 - viewed 968 times.)

* 004_a.jpg (197.18 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 1004 times.)

* detecting_finds_001 - Copy.JPG (48.17 KB, 576x324 - viewed 1063 times.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:57:31 PM by Casa-Dos (kev) » Logged
Pipster
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Minelab E-trac & Deus user

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 07:18:24 AM »

What a super post Kev, a true testament to a super guy , I only met him a hand full of times but always had a chat and he always wore a smile. I for one will be raising my glass.

R.I.P Farmer Phil   

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »

i will raise a glass to him later kev.must have been an awsome guy.i did speak to him once
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 08:50:48 AM by dances with badgers » Logged

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
peanut

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:50:05 AM »

What a wonderful tribute ....................Phil must have been a 1 in a million bloke.

Stred (Steve)

Explorer XS

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »

He was a gentleman, a member of our club for the first year of it,s existence.
My glass will be raised.

Here's to Phil. Wink

Just enjoy, life\\\'s too short.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »

Indeed Peanut you have got it in One. Anyone who met Phil could not fail to like the man. Always put others before himself and could not do enough for you. Not an ounce of bad blood in his body and a credit to the human race. His eye for the ladies use to make me smile and his keenness to feed me cakes made me feel anorexic  Grin (not). An amazing fella who was taken before his time and a credit to our hobby. So keen to share his fields with us all and disappointed if we found nothing. I still think about you Phil and was most keen to remember your sad passing this time last year. RIP Phil. Truely One in a Million.
JRD

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »

Great tribute - only met him a couple of times but a true gent - RIP farmer Phil

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »

Thats is a very nice way to pay tribute to a  top man , Phil was a true gentleman,i have few chat with Phil on rallies he always helped me with is detecting Knowledge , I wish some of you had the  chance to meet Phil , like i said at the begeining he was true gentleman . For sure me and the mrs   will raise a glass in memory of Phil .

R.I.P Farmer Phil .
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »

Lovely tribute Kev - I am sure he is raising a glass to you somewhere out there.

All the best for the New Year
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 11:40:12 AM »

yes a lovely tribute kev.farmer phil a real gentleman and liked by all.i will raise my glass this evening in memory of a great guy we will all remember and never forget..R.I.P.farmer phil.

ray.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »

Kev,you couldn't have paid a better tribute  to him, as you said he was without doubt a very rare person,he won't be forgoten and i am sure you will keep his memory going,good on you.Viv
colin

dig everything

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 08:14:17 PM »

i never met farmer phil but wish i did, obviously he was a lovely guy and will be sorely missed, the farmer phil trophy is a brilliant idea kev just keeps the memories alive. 
melonhead

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 11:43:04 PM »

well done kev. Im feeling a bit weepy at the moment. I was first introduced to phil by you at the second llantwit major rally 2009 where he is caught on film for a moment (on utube) when the axeheads where found.A invite soon followed to join you on various farms in abergavenny where i got to meet paul (walton basin man) again and got to know him better .then when kev got injured in work Phil still took me out with him and Dick and we had a great time .We were then joined by my sister joanne who phil made a great fuss of and was allways thrilled when she found a good find. Phil was the rare type of person who would help you just because he could. my wife never met him face to face but when he rang me and she answerd the phone they would talk for ages (usually takeing the **** out of me) and after detecting Phil would give me a cake or music or film cd he had downlowded to take home and say jen wants that one.     then kev got a bit better and started coming out again and it was the best detecting time ever. but one year ago Phil died without warning. As kev says we will always miss him (we still talk to him asking him for some luck) and i will raise a glass and say              GENTLEMEN ITS BEEN A PLEASURE       
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 12:25:47 PM »

Phil everyone as paid a tribute to you and we all miss you mate, you maybe gone but you will never ever be forgotten.The Farmer Phil Memorial Sheild FOTR from the rallies will keep going and that's for you my good friend.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 12:32:17 PM by Casa-Dos (kev) » Logged
Metalmickey

Fisher F75 User.Some Men are Wise, Some Otherwise!

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »

Only met Phil once, a really nice fella. R.I.P buddy !  Sad

If you want to understand today, you have to search for yesterday !!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal