Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not metal detecting related but interesting  (Read 3366 times)
Charles Cater

« on: November 08, 2008, 07:09:04 PM »

The Mold Cape is not an isolated example of artistic brilliance from the Bronze Age in NE Wales. There are a number of important finds from that period: the Caergwrle Bowl (a shale, tin and gold bowl, the design of which forms a boat), the Westminster Torc (a twisted gold neck ornament), the Rossett Hoard (a socketed axe containing cut pieces of a gold bracelet and two pieces of a knife), the Burton Hoard (a hoard containing a unique collection of bronze palstave axes and gold jewellery of great craftsmanship) and the Acton Hoard (a collection of bronze axes that point to a strong bronze working tradition in this area).

Together these important finds help to build up a picture of what was happening in NE Wales in prehistoric times. Hopefully, future finds from the Bronze Age will come to light and the finders will ensure they are available for the public to see and academics to study. Only then will we learn more about life in Bronze Age Wales and deepen our knowledge of the Mold Cape.

I regarded the Rossett site as mine but I took the other club I was with there for a days dig and afterwards it was haunted by several detectorists who I shall not name.

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »

ohhh don't it often happen Charles,  iv'e taken pals to my sites in the past only for them to go back and take over as their own  , and take others there too,.dohh

your right on the Bronze age history seeking  too,

All tjhe best
Alan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal