Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Scope Cs6mxi first impressions  (Read 14501 times)
relichunting
Restricted Member

« on: December 13, 2011, 12:36:29 AM »

Ok after trying the new machine out on Saturday and finding a nice Elizabeth 1 half groat and a post medieval sword hanger,I got it into my head that I didn't really need two machines.

I thought this machine can not do anything my Deus can not already do,well thankfully after a few tests today I believe I was wrong  Huh  

I even put the machine up for sale,I am so pleased no one bought it.

So what is the difference between this machine and a GMP/Deus.

With discrimination on a minimum 4 and the iron volume on 0 all small iron is totally cut out you don't even hear it,of course you can have the iron volume higher and the iron will come though as a low tone grunt.

I then experimented with the discrimination and the discrimination volume.

Setting discrimination to 5  silver paper, fag packs came through as mid tone,lowering the discrimination volume to 0 cut it out and you do not hear it at all,hopefully this will be the same range as coke,sadly I didn't have any to test this on.

Hang on I hear you shouting yes that is ok but your lose small hammered's, and gold, wrong waving  a small hammered under the coil it gave a nice high tone at around 10 inches,it also had no problems with a few rings, and a half gold guinea that i tried.

Now the one thing that has worried me with my Deus is the Auto ground balance set at 90,on a lot of sites the ground read 74-76 and I know I am not getting a lot of depth
Manually adjusting it down to 74-76 or using the tracking method just makes the machine noisy.

With this C-scope you have an Auto ground balance that will handle most sites,if the site is very badly mineralised you may have to lower the sensitivity a little

On clean sites you can manually ground balance the detector and increase sensitivity a little.

Build quality of the machine is excellent,and I thought the balance was quite good,you can also belt mount it if prefered.

Still a lot of testing to do on this machine but overall a nice bit of kit from C-Scope  Grin   

* half groat 1.jpg (59.21 KB, 400x299 - viewed 1083 times.)

* half groat 2.jpg (65.53 KB, 400x299 - viewed 1148 times.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:41:21 AM by relichunting » Logged

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
diggerdave1

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »

Happy to hear your keeping the 6mx i....did wonder after seeing u with machine at horsey, why u wanted to sell it off so soon after  Huh....Reckon more u get to know the machine in the field, better u will like it!.....sure cscope and yourself, are on2 a Winner there.... Smiley
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

Nice write up, Shaun.

You know the Deus pretty well so if you are rating the CS6MXi it must be good!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:51:55 PM by rjm » Logged

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »

Nice write up, Shaun.

You know the Deus pretty well so if you are rating the CS6MXi it must be good!  Smiley

Sounds like you'll need a change of detector Bob  Wink
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »

The Deus is still and will always be my number one choice,this new C-Scope will have its uses though,and makes a excellent back up machine.

It will be interesting how it handles a highly mineralised site

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 08:46:09 PM »

Nice write up, Shaun.

Sounds like you'll need a change of detector Bob  Wink

No, over the years I've tried most makes/models and I know a good machine when I use one. In my opinion the Deus is the best I've used. I know some don't agree but, as said, it's only my opinion.....

I'm not blinded and keep an eye on the market but have seen nothing to wet my juices, or in your words,
scoff a pie!!!!  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal