Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 outings and no gold  (Read 5337 times)
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« on: November 25, 2011, 06:19:06 PM »

hello peeps i have been out 9 times lately and not had any rings,i thought i would tell you this because a guy came up to me yesterday and said " oh your the guy who gets rings everytime he goes out " lol if only this were true i would'nt be typing this now,i would be down the beach.
i have had loads of rings this year as a novice with ernie the etrac but this is not down to any skill just persistance and noticing where the sand is at lowest ( common sense ) also i wander all aver the place.just luck .
 you are not going to make a fortune at the beach but every once in a while when conditions a perfect you will pay the mortgage.
 we are like gamblers ,we dont tell peeps when we have lost only when were winning.
 mike signing off NANOO NANOO Grin

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »

Fair play to you Badger - well done on owning up. I always think detecting has something to do with the law of averages and a huge amount to do with luck.

We have all had that if I had gone left instead of right by a few feet I would have found what the other guy found on rallies. Its happens both ways for me with finding and missing finds right next to another detectorist and good luck to them!

Although my favourite occasion was on a DW Rally about 2 years ago when I headed towards a group of 5 members all standing around chewing the fat - talked to them for a while and then everyone went off to get on with detecting. Turned around, turned the Explorer on,  and right in the middle of where we were standing came up a cracking 2nd Century Roman coin. Not particular rare or valuable, but it made my day.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:16:02 PM »

well ive been out 12 times and have.nt had anything to talk about really.but ive enjoyed the 12 times ive been out and had a great laugh each time..and if i go out again 12 times. and as long as the laugh.s keeps up.ill wait for the finds to increase.lol..i just love it anyway.
raymondo

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 07:39:06 PM »

Nanoo Nanoo? Damn that's who you remind me of...no no not Mork...Mindy Wink
Never a truer word was spoken Mike, as I always say it's the miles you cover has the greatest effect on finds. Research is all well and good and on occasions can pay dividends but I have all to often put in the hours of research only to find that the site doesn't, for one reason or another, live up to expectations.
And yes the gambler analogy is very apt.
JRD

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »

nanoo nanoo shuzbut  Grin lol

Keep at it Mr Badgers you may not always bring home the goodies but I for one always look forward to your gold finds as I have said to you before it's the only time I can get the wife interested in 'tecting when I show her the gold ring pictures posted on here  Cheesy

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
Jassy
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »

it was bitter down there today,ended up in the pub on the beach Smiley

Everything happens for a reason.....
waltonbasinman
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »

You never believe someone who comes back with the goodies every time. Nice one Badgers I have had many a negative trip but have had a great day in the countryside and as Ray says "ENJOYED IT". That is what it is all about. I have hit a purple patch at the moment but I know it will end but the good days spurs you on through your bad days.
wayno

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »

I think its 10 now Mike

2014 using ctx3030  TIMES OUT -12
Hammered --6
Gold rings --3
 Other rings 1                   
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »

yeah thats 10 trips now but i did enjoy today cos i got a few coins.i got a sixpence,a two shilling ,old penny ,half penny and a farthing so not a bad day.
 i was surprised that i did'nt hit any rings because i hit a patch of weights at 4 to 6 inch deep,strange ,nevermind you now the score as soon as i start complaing i hit rings ,wierd hobby.going to pembrey 2moz with the head hunter for a scan,
 good luck peeps and may all your legs go funny in the morning guys  Smiley

gold = loads lol
wayno

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:54 PM »

I had nothing at all except that item with a link on it and a modern 10p piece. Sean had a couple of old coins and the old man had a couple of sixpences

2014 using ctx3030  TIMES OUT -12
Hammered --6
Gold rings --3
 Other rings 1                   
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »

11 outings and no gold now boohoo Angry

gold = loads lol
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »

11 outings i would be well pleased with that , the last time i found gold was in 1993  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
shunggav

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 05:36:59 PM »

wiped that beach clean then mike

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »

wiped that beach clean then mike

yes mate paid for the car , yaght , holiday home in florida , 3 rolex watches and a big mac on the way home , hell of a day it was  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

seriously never done beaches , my old cs5 was useless on wet sand , got an xs now so will hit the sand soon , ive waited 18 years for gold so a few moreweeks wont matter  Grin Grin Grin

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »

great post,,,most people dont mention the negative trips out  Grin {me included} Grin,,,,as stated its a question of luck and how many hours you put in,,,,i put shed loads of hours in and maybe get a good result 1/3 times.......man, this tectin lark is getting harder Grin 

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete