Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice wanted on frequency settings. Any techies?  (Read 2794 times)
hedgehog
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

Had a T2 for nearly a year and only just realised that I can change the frequency settings, (Doh!!) they are in a limited range , but can anyone tell me what the difference would be , other than the effect other machines have on interference, please  Embarrassed
Frequency 1
 12.82 Khz
Frequency 2 12.88 Khz
Frequency 3 12.93 Khz
Frequency 4 12.99 Khz
Frequency 5 13.05 Khz
Frequency 6 13.10 Khz
Frequency 7 13.16 Khz

trys
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »

Hi Steve, from what I understand there is no affect to performance, it is only to tune out from inteference from other detectors and electrical inteferance. I think it's been asked before on the T2 forum.
Cheers
Trys
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

Thanks for the quick reply Trys, got any thoughts about the sef coil?
trys
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »

From what I read on Findmall the S.E.F coil upsets the balance of the detector. Can't say i've heard of any uk reports. A few have tried it on the F75 and found hardly any improvement. I think the stock coil does the job pefectly - just find a good spot then go slow and you won't miss much!
hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:02:05 PM »

Thanks again Trys , Maxine has said similar on another post. A mate of mine with the T2 said that he changed the frequency on his because of another detector and then found items at a greater depth , think I will test it.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

Hello  Smiley Hedgehog I have to agree with Trys about your frequency question I,ve not owned aT2 myself but I did own a laser trident 2 which a variable frequency switch for 14.3/ 14.5 /14.7  as you can see the range is not as extended as the T2 they are supposed to cut out crosstalk between machines and other airborne interference  Huh Ionce tried to obtain extra depth this way it was a no no I would,nt worry too much about your friends claim of extra depth he was probably on a good patch of ground at the end of the day the ground is master  Sad no matter what machine we use good luck mole  Smiley

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 04:05:21 PM »

Thanks for the reply Mole , just looking at all of the options, dunno why really because I have a lot of success with the machine, I suppose the real truth with depth is that they would need to make a giant leap forward and a lot of R+D to produce an effective deeper machine.
simon c

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 05:05:42 PM »

Steve,can't see the depth being afected much by those frequency ranges,they are as has been said to enable you to operate where there is interference mainly from electrical or other machines,something i have often wondered about is the Minelab Eureka Gold which seems to be able to opperate on 3 different frequencies just by turning a switch and as i understand it useing the same standard coil,unfortunately it is a gold prospecting machine and operates at 6.4khz,20khz,and60khz which would'nt be much good here,but if they can produce a single machine that can operate on those frequencies why not on our normal prefered frequencies ,or am i missing the point lol,here's some info;The Eureka Gold is one of the world's most versatile gold nugget detectors. The Eureka Gold gives you 6.4kHz for maximum depth, 20kHz for general detecting and the super sensitive 60kHz to find the smallest gold nuggets that others are missing.  Minelabs exclusive triple frequency technology makes prospecting easier! Featuring Minelabs "Accu-Trak" Digital Ground Balance with switchable 2 speed recovery, combined with new microprocessor controlled discrimination circuitry takes the guess work out of detecting so YOU will find more gold, more often.  Hot Rocks are no problem for the Eureka Gold, it will punch through highly mineralized soil with ease. Why restrict your prospecting when you can find more gold, with the Eureka Gold, faster and easier than ever before.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:14:19 PM by simon c » Logged
hedgehog
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »

That's interesting stuff Simon but to be honest frequency means nothing to me , I have never looked into it , so i'm guessing the 13ish frequency range must be a good all rounder?
simon c

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 08:16:18 PM »

Steve,as a rule,the lower frequencies are better at depth,the higher frequencies are better at finding smaller and thinner sectioned finds,so yes 13khz would be the top of the mid range so a good all round inland machine.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 05:58:26 PM »

The Eureka is not very stable thats it's downside. The X-Terra works with three frequencies (with the change of a coil) and BBS and FBS minelabs are multi frequency.

Chef

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal