Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardiff East Event  (Read 2859 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: November 13, 2011, 10:31:41 PM »

Well done to the organizers of this event. It was run in a very effective and efficient way which we've all come to expect from you guys.

The down side was that despite during the briefing, the organizers asking everybody to re-fill there find holes, there are still people out there who refuse to do so,
as the enclosed image demonstrates.

Rubbish that had obviously been extracted, just thrown to the ground for another member of the rally to find!! To remove these items which every responsible detectorist
does out of courtesy to the land owner and other members of the event, takes just a few seconds!!

How can we be expected to convince land owners and farmers that were responsible people when we behave like this, showing little respect for the land were being given permission
to use.
Tonight on finishing a day detecting down West Wales we had a chat with the farmer and explained that we'd removed several large pieces of
iron off the fields so as not to damage his machinery when ploughing, and he was very appreciative of our efforts on his behalf.

Come on guys get your act together.

* Web_0795.jpg (188.4 KB, 450x253 - viewed 388 times.)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:37:40 AM by ysbytymike » Logged

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
wayne

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrr

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »

well said sir

strange women lying in ponds,distributing swords,is no system of picking a leader
staterchaser

Always expect the unexpected!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »

I'm with you there, this does my head in. Pure lazyness. Angry
I have noticed that there are some detectorists dont have a finds bag even. Weekend Wanderers have the same problem and anyone who doesnt have a finds pouch/bag will not be allowed to detect. I'm all for it.
It's a shame as 99% of us play the game, but it's annoying that the 1% spoils it for everyone. Permission on farms is hard to come by, would be a shame to loose one because of a lazy few.
Without sounding like Victor Meldrew another point also worth mentioning is that a pet hate of most farmers is when it comes to climbing gates. I have to say I was unaware of it until it was pointed out to me a few years ago. ALWAYS climb a gate on the hinge side as presure from the other buggers up the gate. Wink

I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk we go to parties!
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »

It's difficult from the photo to gauge how deep that is, and not much soil nearby.

I'm not saying it's right to leave it like that, but FAR more critical on pasture than a field that is going to be
turned over.

As Staterchaser says, I'm amazed how many have no where to put rubbish. A rubbish bag should be
mandatory. I use a peg bag (from washing line) on my belt. If you are not carrying something similar
where are you going to put it??

nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »

whilst i was on the cardiff east rally i dug my fair share of ointment tubes which i put in a deep pocket that i use for scrap finds but like several of you i was amazed by how many ointment tubes were left by the side of a covered hole,really was surprised when tectin going over a filled hole with stuff still in it  Grin Grin,,,,,now i know when a site aint producing a lot and youve found your 20th ointment tube of the day ,its easy to leave it where it is in frustration but just think about the guys behind you,theyve had enough digging rubbish as well. Wink   

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 03:34:28 PM »

this subject comes up all the time on D.W. over the years its been going , and as it is said before the rally starts to fill holes in and take the rubbish with you but there is always these people who just don't give a monkey's, i seen a few unfilled holes and the tubes left outside the hole and even left in the hole on saturday, and it will happen again as well.
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »

It's difficult from the photo to gauge how deep that is, and not much soil nearby.

I'm not saying it's right to leave it like that, but FAR more critical on pasture than a field that is going to be
turned over.

As Staterchaser says, I'm amazed how many have no where to put rubbish. A rubbish bag should be
mandatory. I use a peg bag (from washing line) on my belt. If you are not carrying something similar
where are you going to put it??

I understand that there isn't much in the way of soil displaced here but that was the edited picture. In actual fact the person had dug two holes within yards of each other
and hadn't bothered to fill either. So, can you see this person being any different when it comes to pasture?

I think the idea of a finds bag being mandatory at these events is an excellent idea. Also, if someone is seen walking away from an unfilled hole or throwing rubbish to one side
they should be spoken to. I realize we don't want to create a 'big brother, type scenario for something we all enjoy but these couple of people will eventually get the rest of us a bad name
so we do have a stake in the way they behave.

* Web_0794.jpg (121.59 KB, 600x338 - viewed 411 times.)

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 06:05:08 PM »

this subject comes up all the time on D.W. over the years its been going , and as it is said before the rally starts to fill holes in and take the rubbish with you but there is always these people who just don't give a monkey's, i seen a few unfilled holes and the tubes left outside the hole and even left in the hole on saturday, and it will happen again as well.

Your correct, Kev.

However, it's down to the rally organisers to sort it out. I want a quiet life these days!  Wink

oscar
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »

Has there been a rally report on the Cardiff East Event or have I missed it
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »

Unfortunately you always get a bit of this no matter what rally you are on. Thankfully as a rule its not bad on DW rallies and its really up to everyone to say if they see someone leaving a gaping hole. If you are not comfortable saying to someone just let me or Rob know.

I personally don't carry a rubbish pouch, but rather use the leg pocket on my combats for all the rubbish. Always have as I find the less stuff I'm personally carrying the better. I normally head to the car park every two hours to check for finds photos and then empty the heavy pockets in my boot or Mikes bucket.

Neil
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:37:36 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 10:07:08 PM »

the people who dont bother to fill in their holes know that some fool will do it for them when they see it.....i'm afraid to say that i am one of those fools..... Kiss......i just can't walk past an unfilled hole without filling it back in or picking up the left rubbish and doing what should have been done by the culprit......i dont want thanks...i just want to find the person/s responsible and get them thrown out !.....sorry for the rant.........byron

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal