Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few hours out with the F5..  (Read 1707 times)
Dusty

« on: November 09, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »

Albeit in the other half's half acre garden..

Firstly this is just as chatty as the T2 without doubt but once the GB and sensitivity is sorted it was away to go. I hate the thought of missing anything so I only discriminated the dreaded iron, it did sound off on some iron but it was always a grunt or low tone, good!

First hit was a 75-85 and I was instantly thinking silver as per my old SE (being a high number) but alas it wasn't, about 9.5 inches I dug a big old 1927 penny.. chuffed!

Second hit came a 1914 silver which was in the 90's with such a high pitch I could have made tree's scream in pain.... surprisingly it was dug at near 8 inches. Getting into my stride with it now..

Third hit came another silver, this one was 1941, again high pitch tone reading in the 90's and dug at around 7 inches.

Last find of the day was an old Dinky Toy, looks like a trailer of some sorts, came in at a strong 75 at 7 inches.

All in all a good few hours out. Seems pretty good around iron and despite complaints about depth on other forums I didn't find that a problem, it is after all a mid range detector and I've no doubt it'll go 10" easy on goodies given it's setup properly and GB when needed!

This would no doubt be a good transition from an Ace on the detecting road to something in the high range!  Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »

Well done Dusty and I'm glad it's working for you. If those depths are accurate then I wouldn't worry about using anything else, probably 99% of my finds are well within those depths Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal