Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of F.L.O's in Wales - Welsh Assembly's reply  (Read 6024 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: November 02, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »

I emailed the Welsh Assembly  a week ago voicing my concern over plans to scrap the Welsh F.L.O position in April 2012. I had a reply off them which I've attached.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »

Result.. Seems someone is seeing sense at last.

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »

That's a bit of good news. I bet one or two are breathing a sigh of relief. Grin

I need to find something worth recording to keep them going. Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »

Good news  for our hobby and the Scheme. Smiley Smiley
Al Smiley Smiley Smiley

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »

Now all you lot have got to do is use it.
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »

when the flo visits our club, we all try to bring in worth while finds to be recorded, they normally take away a dozen or so we are doing our bit here in llanelli  mickycoin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:15:49 AM by mickycoin "mick" » Logged

you have to walk over it to find it,even then its not a dead sert
saxonman

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »

Great news Rob and most do CHEF.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »

Well "most" could do with putting some batteries in their machines or giving up and taking up fishing.
These are finds recorded with PAS for 2011 as of this morning. The finds are recorded on location found not where recorded.

Swansea......................60
Bridgend.......................9
Rhondda ....................10
Newport.......................48
Torfaen.........................9
Monmouthshire..........233
Vale Of Glamorgan....213
Neath Port Talbot..........5

Now that's for 10 months and just to put it in perspective I have detected 21 fields in the last 10 months, all of which are on the Polden hills nr Bridgwater and although I have been lucky with some they are nothing too spectacular.
And I have recorded 193 finds out of those fields. So are people being selective in what they record? If so that's not quite the idea of the scheme.
Have your records appeared? I know some of Taff's seem to have never made it on to the database, although he has the printouts from the FLO, if so complain.
Does anyone on here other than me self record? If not think about it it's simple.

Now I am not one to bang on about "you must record" because I believe that it is down to the individual, but after hearing people complain that they might of lost the scheme from Wales and then seeing the statistics, it made my blood boil a little.
duggypuggy

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »

I am glad the the flo,s are keeping their jobs in Wales.It shows a MARK of respect for them in their field.
Looking at the list of recorded finds (which maybe more) for 2011 and those which have been recorded for 2012 (not known) it will take the FLO another 5 years to return them all to their finders.LOL
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »

not one for carmarthenshire, somthing wrongthere Huh lots have been taken away to be recorded, will have ago at recording my own mickycoin Grin Grin

waltonbasinman
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »

I don,t know how the system actually works but My local FLO Peter Reavill though I doubt he would admit it is snowed under and does a fantastic job. Just under two years ago I took a tin of flints into him of at least a couple of hundred different scrapers, burins, rods etc all from the same field. He has kept me informed on their progression but imagine having to draw, photograph and record these alone. I know he has had two hoards to deal with as well but he will be the first to say if we did not keep him busy so as Chef says as I know quite a few do come up to Herefordshire detecting if you find something to record do not think twice about it. He was well pleased with Our rallies last year when some of the finds literally changed the history of the area. Good thread.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 02:13:09 PM »

Sorry I didn't do all of Wales, only the parts with electricity and inside toilets Grin
Carmarthenshire   33
mickycoin "mick"

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »

nice one geoff, im only on line as i have a generator in the outside toilet, powered by coal, ha ha, 33 not a bad score thanks for that mickycoin Grin Grin

duggypuggy

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »

Is this an actual 33 or a photoshop generated figure Grin.
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »

Well "most" could do with putting some batteries in their machines or giving up and taking up fishing.
These are finds recorded with PAS for 2011 as of this morning. The finds are recorded on location found not where recorded.

Swansea......................60
Bridgend.......................9
Rhondda ....................10
Newport.......................48
Torfaen.........................9
Monmouthshire..........233
Vale Of Glamorgan....213
Neath Port Talbot..........5

Now that's for 10 months and just to put it in perspective I have detected 21 fields in the last 10 months, all of which are on the Polden hills nr Bridgwater and although I have been lucky with some they are nothing too spectacular.
And I have recorded 193 finds out of those fields. So are people being selective in what they record? If so that's not quite the idea of the scheme.
Have your records appeared? I know some of Taff's seem to have never made it on to the database, although he has the printouts from the FLO, if so complain.
Does anyone on here other than me self record? If not think about it it's simple.

Now I am not one to bang on about "you must record" because I believe that it is down to the individual, but after hearing people complain that they might of lost the scheme from Wales and then seeing the statistics, it made my blood boil a little.

Geoff - the figures available from the online database are not complete. It appears to me that very many of the finds recorded by Mark Lodwick do not appear there. I don't know why this is the case - they are recorded as we get the printouts back from Mark.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal