Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 19khz on UK soil?  (Read 16806 times)
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »

as i said we will have to put it to the test no good falling out put it in the ground and see if it can be found any time on a dig we will have to have a play
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 08:32:25 PM »

Party tricks lol, I know why don't we see how deep they will go lol. ummmmm you can make them all appear good if you use the right target. and then we could take the gold bug to the beach  and test it against the Sovereign lol.
AS for not missing anything well I'm afraid ignorance is bliss and if we miss something, well, we never know so we can't even state that with certainty.
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 09:13:54 PM »

When I say the Deus will not miss anything,I simply mean it will signal the very smallest  pieces of metal including gold.  Grin

I have missed lots of targets in the past probably because my coil never went over them, my mates have come up behind me and found them under my nose.

I tried my Deus on a gold party trick at a rally and it matched the chaps T2 no problems,in fact the Deus gave a positive signal,opposed to his T2 giving the iron grunt

On iron contaminated ploughed soil I believe the Deus can not be beaten it will beat an E-trac hands down.

On clean pasture and forest areas then an E-trac would be the detector of choice,the trouble is the weight and there annoying tones,but once you click with the machine your fine.

High frequencies machines are great on small items cut half's etc,but you sacrifice a bit on the depth side

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
bajero

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 09:29:59 PM »

yep,it all depends on what is in the ground on any particular site. The majority of finds (on a site that has had continuous habitation/activity) Grin will be found by any reputable detector if the coil is passed over them, but if u r on a poor site(that has had little or no habitation) Angry then even using the 'best' detectors money can buy will not help; basically if it ain't there u ain't gonna find it.The main advantages lie with machines that r good inland and on the beach, but it's all horses for courses. Best to find a machine u r comfy with and spend time in the field, good luck Smiley
Dusty

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »

I tried my Deus on a gold party trick at a rally and it matched the chaps T2 no problems,in fact the Deus gave a positive signal,opposed to his T2 giving the iron grunt

Are you kidding me  Shocked  how the Geoff does a T2 give that signal....?

Jesus, it's become a freaking nightmare trying to find the middle road detector I could almost go tourette's on here!!!
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »

LOL good fun ain't it Dusty Grin  (2+tones on the T2)
Well just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, I tested the gold with a Nautilus (1980's technology) and it sang out sweet as a nightingale. Roll Eyes
But I agree with all the above (other than the bit about annoying tones bit lol) the Deus and the GMP will in my view beat the Explorers hand down on ploughed and rolled in fact this is where any of the higher than 10kHz machines will score best.
If you look back at any of my posts I don't seriously knock any machines that are not an obvious rip off and as bajero has said any machine worth it's salt will find 99% the same amount of finds.
They all have there pro's and cons and to be quite honest the best set up would probably entail owning 3 machines to cover all eventualities.
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »

I would wait a few months before deciding what detector to get

C-scope are bringing out two new machines in December i believe both will have interchangable  DD coils.

And Golden mask have a new machine even i will be buying  Grin

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Dusty

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 11:10:11 PM »

quite honest the best set up would probably entail owning 3 machines to cover all eventualities.

Jesus fecking Christ, in-between all this I'm also trying to quit the smoke and all I want now is a smoke, instead I'm gonna have a delicious 4mg Nicotinell and drink more JD  Cry   Grin

Serious now for a moment!

Throw this open.... what should I buy for a coin hunt, jewellery hunt, hammies hunt because I don't have a clue anymore...!!

I've been so bogged down with frequencies, coil sizes, depth, sensitivity etc I don't know where the [ insert your choice of naughty word ] i'm going with this.... one is totally confused!  Sad

See even a new post MORE fecking choice.... sometimes it's not a good thing! relichunting have you any links to the new machines please pretty please.......

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:15:58 PM by Dusty » Logged
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 11:30:55 PM »

Roll Eyes Listen to yourself when it come to buy a detector , i will take people feedback that's good but i will not listen to anyone or you will end up buying 10 detectors mate , just try to go and test few of them if you can that's  will be better for you mate , when  i upgraded my ace 250 to my explorer XS it was a big gambled but was my choice and still learning now but well its a machine for me and voila . good luck mate.Nap
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 11:37:16 PM »

Dusty i thought you had just bought a T2,you say its noisy,have you given it a proper chance ?

There is not a lot of information on the two new C-scopes i dont even know what frequencies they run at,the link below will show a picture and operating instructions of one of them the cs4mx

http://www.lovecpokladu.cz/navody/cscope/CS4MX%20Manual%20011.pdf

The other C-Scope is called the cs6mx

As to the new Golden mask i am still getting info on it

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 11:50:17 PM »

oooh! I like the look of those C.Scope's and the 6 may have audio id,  that could be my new ploughed land machine ummm?
Dusty

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 11:51:49 PM »

Dusty i thought you had just bought a T2, you say its noisy, have you given it a proper chance ?

relichunting, I did have the T2 but sent it back as I thought it wasn't as described (I was very cheesed off about this) I did have an hour with it but Christ it doesn't half chatter even with no EMF (power cable etc near by) and despite my best efforts couldn't get it to run with minimal noise!?!

I'd like to support C-Scope...... UK manufactures I think?
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 11:56:55 PM »

Yes the new C-scopes look good Geoff,i think it all depends what frequencies they run at, if there 18Khz then they could turn out to be a very good machine indeed for ploughed land.

The other one to keep a close eye on is the Golden mask 4

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »

Well the cs3mx runs at 17 kHz so they hopefully could be the same but with attitude Grin
Not to sure on the Goldenmask as I don't personally know anyone who has kept one for longer than a year, but I have to admit that I've never even held one. I know it's only party trick once again but this vid of the new GM4 is quite impressive Cheesy
Golden Mask 4
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:23:00 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 06:16:28 AM »

Um that's no party trick, that's a recovery test,its nearly as fast as a Deus,I am a member on a Bulgarian forum,and im following this detector very closely  Grin

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal