Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 19khz on UK soil?  (Read 16887 times)
Dusty

« on: October 24, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »

Is it any good for UK soil?

My head hurts, so much choice, so many frequencies, so many settings!

Thought I was set on the T2 but it's a noisy mare and I couldn't seem to control the chattering, then I thought about the 8000 with a F75/T2 coil but it runs at 7.5 good for silver not so good for gold - then there's the G2, quite with reasonable depth and excellent recovery and separation (see utube) THEN I thought about the Rutus, whites in drag maybe but with the only 'tests' coming from one of the developers I'll tread with caution...

Please.............. advice
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 11:13:58 PM »

i got a goldbug pro run on 19khz found 1 roman brooch , 3 roman coins , silver six pence and cartwheel penny so dont know if i am doing something special but run mine on descrim 29 and sens 100 and  its very stable . Nap
Dusty

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:35:33 PM »

i got a goldbug pro run on 19khz found 1 roman brooch , 3 roman coins , silver six pence and cartwheel penny so dont know if i am doing something special but run mine on descrim 29 and sens 100 and  its very stable . Nap

That's interesting Nap - did the GB go mental for the silver? My old SE did, something like DUSTY, STOP MAN, DIG, SILVER AAAHHH!! while the T2 on test was too busy chatting to another detector that wasn't there!
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »

to be honestDusty,  i am suprised how good the detector respond on Uk soil as you dont see many of this machines been used by detectorists but well if that machine find me some silvers at a very clear signals and some romans that mean it will find more ,its a very sensitive detector as you will expect on 19khz but so far so good and forgot i had some georgian , victorian coins too.  .the good thing i like its the only  two tone, so one is non one is oui lol and i dig everything over 50 simular with the G2 .Nap
Dusty

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »

Ah, that's good news! I'm very nearly sold on the brother G2 just for the fact that you are finding a variation of things and it looks OK for our soil..

I'm surprised it's good on silver, from what I've been reading it's usually the low frequency detectors that like it.. it's also difficult to get the bottom line in forums when people are comparing them to much more expensive machines!

As the name would suggest it'll probably go mental when it hits the yellow stuff!

Cheers Nap!
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:16:18 AM »

Hi Dusty, first there is no such thing as "UK soil", conditions in mineralisation and underlying geology can change in the space of less than 100 meters as can the effect of old pasture compared too freshly ploughed and rolled.
The reason why the Explorers and now the Etrac have been in many peoples view the best machine on the market has been it's adaptability to most situations, so I believe its a (good) jack of all trades rather than a master of one, but with drawbacks.
Now as for 19kHz, the laws of physics haven't been rewritten, so the fact remains that the lower the frequency the deeper the machine will detect and the higher the frequency the more sensitive it is to the lower conductors such as small silver and gold.
A lot of people swear by the T2 but as you have found the extra sensitivity comes at a price which is...um well, it's sensitivity Cheesy a touch of you can't have your cake and eat it.
The F75 on the other hand which should be the same does seem to have more filters which makes it slightly more stable but at the cost of less sensitivity to tiny (and we are talking tiny) items.
You have to take a look at the type of land you will be detecting for the majority of the time, is it pasture or plough? inland or beach?If you are not going for one of the Explorer series or Deus then you have to dedicate the detector to the terrain. But after saying all that, most machines operating around 7.5kHz are a general purpose machine. Wink
Dusty

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:57 AM »

most machines operating around 7.5kHz are a general purpose machine. Wink

Really are you trying to upset me Geoff  Cry

Grin

Chances are it'll mostly be on forest land parks and maybe if I'm lucky a farmers field, thou I don't know if it will be ploughed.

Depth is another chin scratcher do I trade off depth for sensitivity or sensitivity for depth  Huh

I suppose it boils down to how deep a 19khz will go in comparison to a 7.5 in your average park with bottle caps/coke cans etc... I mean if a 19 will only do 3" then it probably won't be for me, 6"+ is cool, I don't want to be digging for ages like I did most of the time with the SE..

Anyway seriously I've been crunching these sodding detectors for hours and with a spanner in the works I could be back to square one  Cry

Bedtime

Thanks G

Oh, is it possible to get more depth from a 19khz with a better coil?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:45:38 AM by Dusty » Logged
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 01:02:55 AM »

Hi Dusty , to be honest Chef have answered your question but i wanted to say this machine love the yellow stuffs thats why they call it the goldbug pro but its also good on coins shooting and relics , i do better with the gold bug pro on ploughed than my explorer xs so the machine is good i give them a good rating for the simplicity and the only thing they should improve is the build quality on the goldbug or G2 . I am far from been a expert on detector but the goldbug or G2 are good , ok they dont match Deus ,E trac and so on but for the price you pay for a Deus you can get a old explorer and a G2 thats the way i look at it 2 machine for the price of one  Grin. My main machine i use is the explorer xs, a old detector but again i give 9/10 , just over a year with it and had 10 romans brooch , 4 hammered , a roman enameled plate, 40 silvers coins dated 1700 -1900 and few other nice goodies so well happy with it and for sure i am staying in the minelab route to my next upgrade , its all a personnal choice when it come to detectors especially at my level like i said as a spare machine my goldbug is doing everything it should do . Happy hunting.Nap.
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:56 AM »

lol Sorry Dusty, By looking at what you want, what you've had and what you expect, then I would go for a machine you have already mentioned which is the Teknetics Omega 8000.
Regardless what machine you buy you will always read of what other people find with other machines and wonder whether you should of bought that one, we all do, it's a human weakness.
So get the Omega and learn it, learn it, learn it. The old adage holds true; A good detectorist with a bad machine will always be better than a bad detectorist with a good machine Wink
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 01:23:08 AM »

Lol Geoff agree with that

The old adage holds true; A good detectorist with a bad machine will always be better than a bad detectorist with a good machine .

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 10:08:11 AM »

I have to agree with Geoff on the subject. The one thing about the Deus is that you do learn the different
ways the frequencies operate, 4, 8, 12 and 18khz.

On many occasions I have seen the Tecknetics Omega 8000 being used (make sure you get the T2 coil) and
I am very very impressed with it. The display and ease of use is first class. It is the favourite machine of
The Tecknetics designer so that should tell you a lot. It operates abut 7.5khz and really does get a good
range of stuff at nice depths. I would say that if I was looking to spend £500 this is the one I'd go for.

If you want to be digging deep holes on all targets, including hammereds, then the Minelab Sovereign GT
is your machine, and there's a good range of after market coils. BUT you have to learn it and go slow.

As Geoff said, it's all a case of learning your machine.

I'd highly recommend the Omega  Wink

Dusty

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »

OK thanks chaps... back to the drawing board..!  Roll Eyes
john price
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »

i use a gold bug dam good peace of kit they bang hammeys to 6to9 inc they get alot the Deus cant gt is rubbish on iron sites i use to be a mine lad fan but now i use detectors that find the stuff in the ground if you want a demo on hammeys or gold i will put it up agenst any detector and you can see for your self
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »

Sorry John, what is rubbish on iron sites? the gold bug?
Don't you think Minelab FBS's find anything then?
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:11:42 PM »

I think he is stating the Minelab Sovereign GT is rubbish on iron sites.

The Gold bug can get a lot the Deus can not ? my Deus does not miss anything  Huh

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal