Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: a trip to monmouth.gloucester.raglan !!  (Read 2096 times)
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »

HI ALL.
out today with gavin (saxon) 7.30 pick up in gavin.s mobile fish van.as i opened the van door to get in.the smell of fresh fish blew me away buzzing of fish as fish mongers do..lol.
off we set to a new farm ive reciently picked up in the monmouth area.arrived at the farm around 8.45.knocked the door buzzing of hadduck.lol..im the detectorist i said to the farmers wife.i could see her glanceing at the side of gavins van.MOBILE FISH MONGER.with a detector she must have been thinking.lol.
when i reciently spoke to the farmer he said he had some more land about 6 miles away.40 acres of land on the side of the river wye with offers dyke running through it.very promiseing indeed.we took him up on the offer before we tried the farm land.he said only a few miles from monmouth when we got the we where in gloucester.lol.after about an hour with no signals we decieded to go back to the farm as we thought maybe things are just to deep.
back to the farm to explain to the farmer.then we headed out on the fields on the farm.after another 2hrs of hardly anything we sat down for plan B.ive also picked up a farm in raglan i tells gavin i only need to phone the wife up for the farmers number.so thats what i did.rung the farmer up in raglan no worries he said.great news and off we went to our third destination we arrived about 3pm thinking theres very little of this poor day left.but we have an hour or so to just try the farm out.my first signal on the farm was a lovely vicky penny.and gavins first signal provided a lovely button.my second signal was a lovely william 3rd six-punce which i was very chuffed about its nice to have a milled you have.nt got.well pleased.after about 20 mins of finding the normal greens gav shouted over ive found a ring.lovely ring but it had no hallmarks so i dont think its silver.but as i stated its a lovely looking ring with a stone in it.we were on the farm for about an hour when gavin found a pair of silver cuff-links which i never had the chance to photograph.i had my william on my mind.lol.before we new it .it was time to head off home only having an hour-half on the farm.we gave the vicky and georgeans to the farmer also showing him the ring and the william.i then ask him kindly if we could return
sometime he said no worries any time lads.after the hour and half we had im looking forward to returning sometime shortly.
cheers all
raymondooo

* SAM_6565.JPG (88.9 KB, 545x409 - viewed 339 times.)

* SAM_6577.JPG (100.59 KB, 554x415 - viewed 364 times.)

* SAM_6578.JPG (88.65 KB, 554x415 - viewed 425 times.)

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »

great write and some great finds raymondoo

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »

They're nice finds. Well done.  Smiley

beachboy (viv)

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »

hi ray,looks like you had a good day out mate,did you do much trade on the fish &chip side  Grin Grin hope to see you soon all the best.viv
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »

white gold and a mother of a diamond i hope , very nice finds lads , well done indeed

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »

LOL.... Grin...a Ray in a fish van....can you beleive it Grin

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »

LOL.... Grin...a Ray in a fish van....can you beleive it Grin
LOL.not really.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »

nice wriote up Ray m8,all that going back and for was worth it in the end lovely William and a nice ring by Gavin as well. well done lads. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal