Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you perceive an item in excellent condition?  (Read 6602 times)
Dusty

« on: October 17, 2011, 09:13:43 PM »

In a bit of a quandary here....

Got my T2... yeah... it was described as boxed, excellent condition and only a few months old with the latest version software and a years warranty.

What I got was a box for another machine (serials don't match) a used coil with obvious use, a bottom shaft with adjustment marks throughout the shaft, various light scratches on the green shaft and scuff marks on the bottom of the battery compartment where it's been sat down to retrieve finds. The control box is OK and the display has a little scratch, nowt much...   

I don't know if it's just me but when it arrived I honestly thought is this a wind-up, seriously it cost £510  Cry

Your thoughts please... I'm off for a double Jim Beam..

legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »

dunno tis a lot of money to shell out,hopefully you will have forgot all about it by next week with all the finds you will make with it,and think its an absolute bargain Grin

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:32:02 PM »

If you bought it from a dealer and are not happy then ask for your money back.

If you bought it second hand from a private sale then not a lot you can do about it really,unless you got it from Ebay,then you could demand your money back or open an item not as described case agaist the seller

Deus 2013

Hammies: 32
Saxon gilded saucer brooch 1
Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Dusty

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »

Bought from a dealer via Paypal....

I'm getting drunk now... the pain is just too much.....
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 09:48:02 PM »

Ask for you money back as it is not as described, if he refuses then raise a complaint against the seller it will run for about 4 weeks and then e bay will refund you around 60% of the amount you paid , also you will be allowed to keep the machine. I know this as a buyer did it to me, the only difference is that I listed mine as in fair condition and listed all the defects. They still found in favour of a 'noones to blame' and refunded the buyer 60% of what he paid me . He also got to keep my machine and I got to keep all the payment.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »

i sold a mxt on tinternet,i sent it to a guy stating that it had minor cosmetic ware,,bent shaft,switch missing on unit etc,the bloke paid a decent price for it but then emailed me about the defects,,,so i said get it fixed and i will repay cost of fixing it,,came to £26 that i had to pay back,,,as i say it was a good price and everyones happy,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe worth a try asking the seller.

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »

I used to do a lot of selling and buying on Ebay,and by paying through paypal you should get 100% your money back.

Rob I do not know were you got this 60% and they get to keep the item from,it does not work like that at all mate,or did you agree a part refund with the buyer ?

How can paypal refund the buyer 60% of what he paid you . He also gets to keep the machine and you got to keep all the payment. This means paypal are losing out by paying the refund to the buyer?

Your a winner the buyer is a winner and paypal lose out by paying the buyer 60%  Huh

Just recently paypal have tightened up the claim procedure,it always favours the buyer

If the buyer claims the item is not as described your forced to issue a full refund on return of the item,if you refuse or have emptied your account paypal will still take it,and put your account into a negative state

You will not be able to take any payments from buyers until your account is paid in full

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:20:29 PM by relichunting » Logged

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Dusty

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:08:38 PM »

Hey chaps thanks for the info.

The thing that really bites my grapes is it was a lot of cash and not really as described, if he had the description as it is I may have offered a lower price or left it - what makes things worst is there is a new F75 about 30 miles away for around the same price.... My sodding luck!

Me and Jim are gonna have a chat but I think I'll get a returns number and send it back under the distance sale act or whatever it's called!  Angry
relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 10:23:56 PM »

Be clever mate ask for a part refund of £100 or tell him your sending it back for a full refund.

Its only cosmetic damage at the end of the day,and will not effect how the detector works

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »

I used to do a lot of selling and buying on Ebay,and by paying through paypal you should get 100% your money back.

Rob I do not know were you got this 60% and they get to keep the item from,it does not work like that at all mate,or did you agree a part refund with the buyer ?

How can paypal refund the buyer 60% of what he paid you . He also gets to keep the machine and you got to keep all the payment. This means paypal are losing out by paying the refund to the buyer?

Your a winner the buyer is a winner and paypal lose out by paying the buyer 60%  Huh

Just recently paypal have tightened up the claim procedure,it always favours the buyer

If the buyer claims the item is not as described your forced to issue a full refund on return of the item,if you refuse or have emptied your account paypal will still take it,and put your account into a negative state

You will not be able to take any payments from buyers until your account is paid in full

This happened to me very recently, both times as a seller . I argued the toss because I wasnt in the wrong. Both listings I listed very accurately and described all marks scratches dents and dings. The buyers were trying it on , I refused any refund not even partial. With my DFX they gave the Buyer a 60% refund  (At Ebays loss.. Incredible i know)  With a Nintendo DS I was selling for spares or repairs they refunded the customer 100% (Again at Ebays loss ).

When it first happened to me I even phoned e bay screaming down the phone thinking that they were going to draw the amount back off me. The lady explained when neither party are at fault we often do this.....................  Huh

relichunting
Restricted Member

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 11:06:34 PM »

I always used to get screwed by paypal when a buyer claimed an item was not as described,they always favoured the buyer.

Strange as its the sellers that keep there business going

I rarely use paypal now, or sell much on Ebay 10% to Ebay 5% paypal fee's they just got to greedy.

Going off subject have you had a chance to test the Rutus out yet?

I have got my eye on another make that should be released in a week or two
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:11:33 PM by relichunting » Logged

Deus 2013

Roman nail cleaner 1
Roman brooches 4
Roman silver 2
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 11:11:58 PM »

I always used to get screwed by paypal when a buyer claimed an item was not as described,they always favoured the buyer.

Strange as its the sellers that keep there business going

I rarely use paypal now, or sell much on Ebay 10% to Ebay 5% paypal fee's they just got to greedy.

Same here - even though I did not lose out on those two occasions, it was so stressful I cant be bothered anymore. At least with the renaissance wax theres not a lot people can complain about  Smiley

Dusty

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 11:25:41 PM »

Not drunk but still not so good at emails asking for money back.

Anyone want to PM me a template please Smiley
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:04:15 AM by Dusty » Logged
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 05:36:31 PM »

yes paypal will insure you get you cash back

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 09:37:25 PM »

I wouldnt worry about it....just use it and enjoy it Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home