Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Detector Faulty - Advice Needed  (Read 2793 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: September 25, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »

Hi Everybody,

As most of you will know, I recently (5th September) purchased a Golden Mask 3+ detector from Evergreens. Well this morning on getting the unit ready for a little trip to some land
I've gained permission from, the machine has gone silent... No signal from the internal speaker of headphones. Effectively its 'Kaput'.
Now I need to know where I stand here if anybody can help please.

1/ Do Evergreens have to send me a new machine (I'm not prepared to have back a machine that's been repaired when its only 20 days old).
2/ If that's an option they offer me, am I entitled to refuse and demand a new unit or my money back.
3/ I purchased over the internet with instant payment via paypal. Can I approach them to resolve this matter?

I know I've not heard from evergreen as yet and they might be very co-operative and supply a new machine with no hassle but I need to have an idea of my rights in this matter
beforehand.

Cheers

Mike

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »

Hi Mike, Best phone them asasp and explain you want a replacement  but 90 % they will take your detector and go for repairs , or if you say to them you want to exchange it with another detector , you dont know they will probably help you if you get the chance i will get a x terra series (705) good machine or xp and if you do get your money back go elsewhere example Detecnicks where they are top personnaly ang get a second hand explorer like mine you will love it. Good luck Mike  and hope it will be ok in  the end.Nap
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 05:31:05 PM »

thats a big pain mike , any new product is guaranteed for at least 1 year by manufacturer , they are legally obliged to repair it or replace it if its unrepairable at their cost thats your rights as a consumer , however , but im sure this is not the case , if the broken item has broken through user abuse or neglect etc i.e if you drop your mobile and it breaks your warranty could be void , hope it all works out for you mate .

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 07:17:28 PM »

Hi Mike

I've had lots of dealings with Evergreen and all I can say is don't worry!  Their service is top class
and everything will be sorted out to your satisfaction.

I had a GM3 and GM3+ and never had any problems with them.

Knowing Tim it wouldn't suprise me if he sent you a new one if you asked and told him you don't
want to be without it!

Let us knw what happens Smiley!

ysbytymike

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »

Thanks RJM,
Don't want to see confrontational here because nine time out of ten, that type of attitude gets people's backs up and just causes more trouble.
But, never having dealt with the company before, unsure of their after sales service but you've seem to have had dealings with them quite a lot and
obviously know them quite well, which has eased my mind somewhat.
Cheers
Mike

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 07:39:25 PM »

Tim who owns the company is a very nice and helpful chap. The GM's that he sells have a 5 year warranty
which you won't find on any other detector!!!

I traded in my GM3+ (which I bought off him) for a Deus which he sold me. He gave me top dollar for the
GM and even sold the Deus cheaper than anywhere else. It was when the Deus first came out and there
was a waiting list. He even offered to lend me a machine for a couple of months as he had taken the GM
in but the Deus didn't arrive as planned.

I know others who have had dealings with him and have been pleased.

Tell him the problem, calmly, and what you'd like to happen. I'm sure he'll be helpful.

Dyson

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 08:32:48 PM »

HI you can have a replacement ,repair or a full refund if the item breaks down in the first six months if they refuse tell tthem you have spoken to consumer advice ,i know this because i had a problem with a tv from Argos and they said they would repair it but after telling them i had been to consumer advice i had a new tv,by the sound of it ,it wont come to this but just incase,hope this helps
ysbytymike

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to answer me on this.
I'll give them a ring first thing in the morning.
Cheers

ysbytymike

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »

Phoned Tim first thing this morning and explained the situation.

As their based in Powys (just two hours from my home) I decided to pop up there with the faulty machine. On arriving,Tim took the unit into his workshop only to come out about 5 minutes later with a puzzled look on his face. "that's really strange (he said) these things just don't go wrong". Well apparently mine had...

After a little discussion as to where we went from that point (as explained earlier) I didn't want a repaired machine after paying for a brand new unit just 20 days ago. Tim kindly agreed
to take the GM3+ back as part payment on a new Minelab x Terra 705. I have no doubt that the GM is a fantastic machine but I just couldn't feel comfortable with it after the trouble I had
with her. So, hopefully I will get the new unit mid week and then I'll be able to start searching the new land I have permission for.

Thanks to everybody for their contribution and a special thanks to Tim at Evergreens (if your reading this) for being so helpful. Its gestures like this that will get you a reputation that
is sure to help you in the long run.

Mike

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »

I'm glad it all worked out well for you Mike and I can guarantee that you won't regret getting the 705, It and the older 70 are brilliant machines. I had some wonderful finds with mine, still not great on wet sand but slightly better than the GM.
In time if you want deeper then their is also a new Nel coil which seems to be a great breakthrough for it. Wink
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 03:56:51 PM »

Thanks for the update and, as I had, it looks like you had top friendly service.

Good luck with the X-Terra.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal