Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One of my best finds in 1975 Scotland  (Read 1927 times)
Acoustic
Rally attendee

« on: September 22, 2011, 03:47:49 PM »

Hi guys and girls as a departure from the dark side of my detecting here is a ray of light.

This was found a year after I started detecting, I had moved on from a BFO detector (I would be lucky to find a metal dustbin with this) to a state of the art IB (induction balance) detector C scope earlier pre IB TR 400 not sure of the model.
Wow how sexy it looked, all in black with a whopping size box on the front (prefer a small box myself) and a needly thing that jumped about like a drunken grasshopper and shaped like a shepherds crook.

So dumping my uniform and dressed to impress (notttttttttttt) I sped away from Rosyth in my Spitfire (car not plane) to Aberdour Silver sands beach Fife with the hope of combining detecting with bird spotting.
I knew the beach well as it was one of the first places I detected at in 74, in all of this time I never saw another person detecting so it was a robinnomates hobby in those days come to think of it there were hardly any birds, must be the Brut aftershave.
During this time 74-75 I had collected enough rubbish to start my own re-cycling plant and run at a profit plus of course loads of good condition predecimal coinage mostly from the grass bits, anyhoo I climbed the slope to the SW of the beach in the hope of spotting some talent and was rewarded with a high tech BEEEEEP and demented needle wobbling, I found in a depressed horse hoof print hole this Victoria Jubilee head Halfcrown, it was at hell of a depth of mmmmmmm...........3" at least.....well 2" you get the point it was deep.
That was it I thought a long fruitful hobby lay ahead, better aftershave, maybe a TR6, bird in every port, A bra undoing course, I should of known better of course and looked over my shoulder as the dark clouds of dispair were forming in a billowing mass ready to rain on my parade, was that distant thunder I heard or someone of importance laughing.

Aye
Robin

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:15:38 PM by Acoustic » Logged
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »

A lovely find acoustic and even better story, I just hope it's the first of many Wink
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »

That's a nice coin.  Smiley

tyna

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »

Yeah - those were the days Robby  Wink. Found a fair amount of Victorian silver as well under park benches all those years ago.  Best place to go with the limited depth we had.  Pity the gear we have now wasn't available to us then - hardly any competition around at that time eh    Huh 

What dark side do you have Huh  Share it - it's good to talk  Roll Eyes.
Aye
tyna
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »

I love those sort of stories lmao

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal