Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tried my new Detector today  (Read 6078 times)
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »

Went to Aberavon beach for a few hours with my new 'Golden Mask 3+'this morning but was a bit disappointed really...

The machine was signaling with a blipping tone only when I to dug a hole and run the machine over the spot again, there was no signal... nothing, not even the original.
Kept doing this all morning so eventually retired to the car for a sandwich. There were several other people with detectors in the car park by this time and they all headed for the beach, so though I'd give it another go a bit further out and closer to the water but same problem. Dig a positive (or what appeared to be a positive) signal only to find an empty hole and the detector failing to signal anything in the area.
So, decided to call it a day and ask if anybody else on the forum uses this type of machine and would they perhaps be kind enough to give me some pointers in getting the best from the Golden Mask.

Cheers

Mike 

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:48:14 PM »

Don't know the machine my self but it's either not good for the beach or you need to turn the sensitivity down until it stops giving false signals

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »

Most single frequency machines are no good on wet saltwater beaches. The detector will be fine on dry sand and on land.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »

Yes as Peter and Joel have said the GM+ is not a beach machine. If you stay on the dry sand then you should be OK. Off the top of my head Whites are the only single frequency machines that will work well on wet sand.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »

loads of coke on aberavon too

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
ysbytymike

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »

Cheers guys. Hope to have a better day on Sunday at the rally.

wolver1ne

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »

try turning the sensitivity down till its stop chattering on wet sand and maybe on dry  Wink
ysbytymike

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »

Spent a lot of time trying to fine tune by adjusting various controls such as disc level, threshold, auto and manual GB but all to no avail....

Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »

HELLO BUTTY.wellcome to the forum.
i had the same experiance as you yesterday.and i took my D.F.X.and.LAZER HAWKEYE.first time for me to detect aberavan beach..exactly the same problem..i was having signals id die for inland..lol..dug the hole the water filled up the hole..the signal had gone..i guess the DFX and HAWKEYE.are not cut out for the sand..sensertivity i could.nt work my way around it..i droped and droped it..no joy..i thought ok ill try and dig the hole deep as fast as i can to beat the water...if you.d seen my holes you.d swear i was digging for oil..NEVER AGAIN.LOL..
                   MY DETECTORS NOT CUT OUT FOR THE BEACH.. AND TO BE HONEST IM NOT EITHER !!
but i was told yesterday these dissapearing signals are due to the water filling up the hole.the name of the game is to dig that target and get it out of the hole before the water fills in..detector wise.. i guess if the detectors not cut out for the beach you can try everything you want program wise.its not gonna make a difference..i had a good signal with every three swings..but thats just sensertivity the detector not likeing the wet sand..they say the minelabs are the ones for the beach..although i know of many people go to the beach with different makes of machines not everyone has minelabs.
i more or a less saying my whites D.F.X.is rubbish on the beach.lol....and im gonna stick to grass from now on !!
raymondooo

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
ysbytymike

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 02:14:55 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Ray. He He.. Know what you mean about the beach. Its inland for me from now on.

On the same vein, went looking for land to detect on today. Visited two farms and both agreed to my having permission to detect there (wait for it)
Over a 1,000 acres!!!!! Couldn't believe my luck. So, hopefully will have plenty to keep me busy for some time.

Cheers

Mike

geordiefred

Bristol

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »

Hi Mike welcome aboard m8 it might pay you to give rjm a pm, as I believe he had a golden mask 3 at one time & he might be able to give you a few tips. Anyway good luck and good hunting.  Wink

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most"
 You have to grow old, but growing up is entirely optional
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »

i more or a less saying my whites D.F.X.is rubbish on the beach.lol....and im gonna stick to grass from now on !!
raymondooo

Ray - you're wrong about the DFX on the beach. If you use it in one of the dual frequency modes then you can go on wet sand with no trouble at all, without any false signals.
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 08:32:50 PM »

raymondooo

Ray - you're wrong about the DFX on the beach. If you use it in one of the dual frequency modes then you can go on wet sand with no trouble at all, without any false signals.

hi pete.
do you mean just put it in 15khz.or 3khz...but yes i was useing it dual frequency mode..cheers for telling me if so i will have another crack at the beach.

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 08:38:17 PM »

raymondooo

hi pete.
do you mean just put it in 15khz.or 3khz...but yes i was useing it dual frequency mode..cheers for telling me if so i will have another crack at the beach.

I mean on the beach you need to use Best Data or Correlate. I'm surprised you found it useless if you were using either one of these?
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »

well to be honest pete i was in the same program i use inland but i dropped the pre-amp from 4 as i normally have it in 4..to 3 and then 2.
that was.nt up to much..so i started dropping the sensertivity down..but things where the same..i never really thought about going in just one frequency such as just 15khz..or 3khz..
but again pete thanks for the advice..ill remember next time i go..like i stated earlyer i will give it another go now ive been told its ok.
                               IT CRACKED ME UP YESTERDAY LOL..
ray
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:51:48 PM by Roman (Ray) » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal