Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SE for swapsies - T2 or F75...  (Read 7092 times)
Dusty

« on: September 01, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

Hey all. Got another SE and after a few weeks of detecting I'm finally admitting defeat - it's just too much for me, after over a year with the SE I just can't get my noodle around all the settings!

So, if anyone has a T2 or maybe a F75 and fancies a swapski please drop me a line.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:58:34 PM by Dusty » Logged
Dusty

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:57:18 PM »

No one?  Huh
mark74

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »

Hi mate.how old is your se.i maybe interested.you will still have to play about with the settings on a T2.to get the best performance out of it.why not have a look on fleabay.someone is selling programs for the se.you can then adapt them to your soil.as what works for them may not work for you.
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:15:39 AM »

i have an f75 , and im struggling to get my head around all the settings on it

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
mark74

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »

when you are in tune with your detector.they are awesome machines for winkling out the gold and ze silver.i still enjoy using mine over the Deus.
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »

ye i think i need to get out more with it , my fisher 1236x2 and 1265 where great machines just switch on and go ,and found some great finds with them ,but as yet havent found anything of signifigance with my f75 yet just gives you doubts that not using it properly or something wrong with it.

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
mark74

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »

Time is the main ingredient.
Dusty

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 11:51:05 AM »

By the looks of this SE it's a couple of years old.

To be honest I've looked at the instructions, then looked again, then gone to bed and dreamt about them  Undecided

I've read that Minelab book by ANDY SABISH 4 times page to page and I still can't make sense of it. Totally dispirited with it now, when I do go out I just use factory mode which in all honesty has found me some big old pennies and some 1912,1916 silver but it's far from it's potential and if I do carry on with it I'm afraid I'll just loose interest in detecting all together which I don't want!

I think the simplicity of the T2/F75 in comparison will restore my faith in something I enjoy doing.. that and the fact that Gary of Gary's detecting a guy who knows his stuff uses one with much praise..
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »

Is there no one you can hook up with for the day just to walk you through it? I'm in Somerset so not much use but I would be only too happy to help.
Many of us have felt like that when we first started using the Minelabs but eventually it just clicks and if you have someone who knows the machine it helps it click faster Wink
colin

dig everything

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 03:59:59 PM »

Hi dusty there's a really good report in this months searcher on the etrac think it will be really helpful good luck.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 06:26:57 AM »

What part of the country are you based Dusty ?

I have had my se pro now for 4yrs. Pm me and i can suggest a programme to put in it. Grin
Dodger

Badgering away

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 06:53:09 AM »

Dusty, its worth persevering with the SE as its an awesome machine. I know how you feel though as it was my first multi frequency machine and I wanted to throw it over a hedge when I first went out with it!

I use mine on Iron Mask with one bar disc'ed out. Auto sensitivity, maximum tones,conductive sounds and long response. Threshold just breaking through. Put it on full screen as this helps to see where the crosshairs go on a signal. I find I can pretty much tell the metal type by the screen and audio response.

Iron goes to the top left (often bounces about), copper and silver top right, lead bottom third, foil bottom line. It is the deepest seeking machine I have ever used. I also use a T2 which I love as well but I still think the SE has the edge on depth. Its not the easiest machine to use and it does require patience. Would be good if you can spend a few hours with an experienced user. I'm lucky in that I know a great guy here in Scotland who spent twenty minutes with me giving me tips and help with settings. That twenty minutes saved me many, many hours in the field.

The Sabbich book is good but you need a little experience before you can get the best from it. The Minelab Owners forum is worth visiting as well. Don't give up on it, its a cracking machine!  Cheesy
bajero

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 10:32:51 AM »

have to agree, well worth persevering with and as dodger say's the minelab forum is very helpful and has several programs that will help u understand and progress with the se, but remember to slow down ur sweep speed and don't give up  Smiley
Dusty

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »

I feel the love for the SE coming out in here now, wish I felt the same love right now!  Grin

Would any of you kind gents like to share a setup or 2.. my passion is coins, matters not if they are bronze, ?copper? silver or gold, jewellery is good but I guess a coin setup would cover that.

2 other things, is anyone being troubled by awful recovery speeds (both SE's would bleep 4 times in one sweep action, I would dig all 4 only find one legit target) and can anyone tell me what the various gold carats read as on the digi/crosshairs? Got no gold to test and really don't want to be missing something interesting.

Thanks all  Wink

Dodger

Badgering away

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 05:43:23 AM »

It's all about reading the machine Dusty, regardless of the program. You need to listen to the sound and match it with the position on the screen. If you get four good signals, then dig them all. As you know, a good signal doesn't always equate to a good find. All the machine can do is tell you when it passes over a piece of metal. You need to get the experience to tell whether or not to dig.  

A lot depends on the site you are on. A stubble field shouldn't have too much junk other than iron and you can see this on the screen. If you are coin hunting on a "modern" site then you should use factory settings to take out the rubbish.
I find the Explorer (think Etrac to be the same) tells you more about a potential signal than any other machine. The multi frequencies give a lot of info to the user about a targets ferrous or conductive properties. The user needs to learn how to interpret that information.

As I said, I use the machine fairly "open" in terms of discrimination and have trained myself to listen to the signal in conjunction with the position of the crosshairs. That way I have a fair idea of the type of metal in the target I am digging. Working like this is not everyones "cup of tea" but it works for me and many others who have taken the time to master the machine.

I also use a T2 which is a faster machine to use and a lot simpler to use. Depends on your detecting preferences. I tend to use the T2 first on a site. It covers the ground quicker and is very responsive to silver. I then go over the site with the Explorer using the slow and low principle. On a silage field over the summer, I done this and found I had taken out most of the good finds with the T2. The Explorer SE however found a lot of low conductors which I had missed with the T2. One was a very small lead token (smaller than a 5p) which came up from seven inches. I don't think many machines would have found that.

Sorry if I've gone on a bit. If you do swap for a T2, then you will have a great machine as well. I'm lucky in that I can afford both. I just wanted to make the point that the Exp is worth sticking with. It is a very different machine from most on the market and not the easiest to use or understand. Used properly however, I think its untouchable on small, deep stuff. Don't be confused by all the potential settings. Many are for personal preference. Use the settings as per my previous post and you won't miss much.

Best of luck mate. Have patience, it's what seperates the good detectorist from the pack. You have a good machine, you just need the confidence to use it to get the best from it. Look at Jassys post since she got hers. Look forward to seeing your finds. Wink
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 05:45:33 AM by Dodger » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal