Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRIPLE WHAMIE  (Read 3589 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »

Urged on by some of the fantastic finds of late I deceided to hit the beach today. Plumped for a small, little known local beach (free parking) down the sand, checked out the rocky out- crop and round it to Marros. Shock horror, loads of sand. O.K. double back and hit Pendine. I've never seen so much water on the beach when the tides out. Not many signals worth digging and when I did dig I was under water so I headed back up to dryer (and deeper) sand.
2 fishing weights, 1 cut throat razer, 2 wierd bits of aluminium and a new Makeral thingy later  and I was a bit fed up. My feet were soaking wet and cold and I thought 'I'm going home'. Coffee and a Chocolate Muffin seemed a great idea.
On my way to the top of the beach a lady approached me and asked what detector I'd got as she was thinking of getting one. I duly volunteered a try out for her up on the grass by the cars. By now her Nephews had joined us. She swung the detector, got a good signal and they, under instruction, started to dig. Thats when it went horribly wrong. Another Lady approached, followed by a younger one and said 'I'm going to pretend I can't see you intending to dig that hole'. We all looked at her a bit none pulsed and said we were going to fill it in after.
Well thats not quite the point, she said. Well the whole point was,  she was a National Trust Warden and we were on National Trust property.ARGH  Shocked  Not only that but it is an SSI site. OMG. I didn't know. Huh She said she wasn't TOO bothered about the beach, not that one anyway. I said I had a licence, she said it didn't really matter as it didn't cover this beach. OMG again. Shocked
I think it's time to give up before I get locked up. Still, I did make a new friend.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:55:56 PM »

ooooooooppppppsssssssssssssssssssssssss lol

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
heather

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:32:15 AM »

oh Val, how awful !   

Happens to the best of us !  should start up a club - been caught club (bcc) lol.

Come on Val you'll find something soon - sending two HA's down to you. !! 

Take care

H

3 hammered silver
100 penicilian tubes
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:40:40 AM »

lol,never give up val  Smiley

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
StumbledUpon

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:04:33 AM »

Never mind Val, you was'nt to know, there are some nice rings on Pendine when the conditions are right, also Saundersfoot is a nice little beach for finds. Wink Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »

I posted this note to let others know that we are being watched. I know some don't think it happens but I am the proof that it does.
As it turned out, it all came to nothing other than to make me feel like a complete idiot. I should have known better. I knew that part of the beach wasn't on the Estates map but didn't know why. Well I do now. Roll Eyes
Not to be put off, I'm giving it another go today. Pendine is awful at the present so I'm trying Wisemans into Saundersfoot. I know I'm O.K. there. Fingers crossed. Wink

Val

StumbledUpon

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:42 AM »

Go for it Val. Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 09:18:52 AM »

Just chalk it up as "lesson learned" Val and don't worry too much about it. Many detectorists don't realise that 75% of coastline in Wales between high and low tide lines are SSSi, now there's a thought to get paranoid about.
wirral phil
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »

The crown estate maps are not clear enough with the boundary,you were'nt to know the exact cut off point,i would'nt worry about it.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »

Now theres a thought Geoff. I was wondering how we're placed with detecting in-land if it's National Parks. Even with the landowners consent is it still allowed Huh
And No I'm not realy concerned, just more thoughtful. It's a bit unsettling when someone suddenly appears and puts you in your place.
Anyway I'm off now for another bash. This time I think I'll pay the parking charge and make it a bit easier. The weather is a little better today so I'll enjoy the scenary if nothing else.

Val

jmhammered

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »

go after 5 pm they knock of then lol lol lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal