Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resizing Photographs  (Read 3977 times)
Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« on: April 06, 2009, 11:07:18 AM »

As we all know, photographs taken with a large megapixel camera take too long to send and receive as an email and results in having to scroll up, down, sideways etc to see the picture which is frustrating to say the least.

People also have problems with photographs being rejected by websites like ours because they again are too big.

Most photograph programs have the facility to resize the pictures but this can be frustrating to do individually and again can take ages to do.

A program I recommend to friends is easy to use and FREE to download.

This program allows you to resize photographs as a copy of the original or even replace the original on. You can also select multiple pictures and resize them all as copies (or overwrite the originals) with a single click of a button.

The web address below will take you to a page where you can download the program (perfectly safe and virus free) and has a link to look at a Youtube movie with audio showing how it works.

I would advise people to look at the movie to see how simple this program is and to see if it suits them before downloading.

To download this program or view the movie click on the link below.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:49:31 AM by Malcolm.mtts » Logged

Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »

Malcolm,does this program have any advantages over Windows Paint which I always use for resizing images?

Richy. 

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:50:09 PM »

Hi all

When i want to resize pictures ie for the forum i get up the write email window click the insert picture link then resize from the edit options you can save the altered pic then as new or replace the oversized one

hope this is of some help

Regard

Phil Jones
RARE

Malcolm.mtts

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »

Hi Dickle,

In my opinion yes it is far superior to "paint" or even using your email or another photograph program to resize photographs.

Why mess around making things complicated?

With the program you can keep your original in it's existing size and format and have a copy put automatically next to it in your folder.. or... You can also automatically overwrite your original... the choice is yours.

Using "Paint" you can only resize 1 pic at a time but with this program you can select as many of your photographs you want and resize them in all in 1 operation... and as i said earlier.. resize as a copy or overwrite them.. the choice is yours.   

Suggest you look at the "Youtube" video to see how simple it can be.

Imagine being able to select 20 photographs and being able to resize them all in 1 operation instead of doing it 20 times with paint or using your email or any other program.

Hope this answers your question.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:05:55 PM by Malcolm.mtts » Logged

musicman19

R.A.R.E. & FID member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 10:06:53 PM »

Microsoft Office Pitcure Manager is also good to use.  If I have to reduce a picture that's all I do is click resize and then click on Custom width x height and then click ok, then it's done.

If your looking to join a friendly active Detecting Club please have a look at our web page and get involved http://www.raremdclub.co.uk/
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 10:11:32 PM »

I go along with musicman with this one , i've started using the same program , infact you can just press compress pic , and it does it all for you

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal