Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any information on these coins?  (Read 1566 times)
yankee
« on: April 04, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »

As you all know I live in the U.S.A. Someone was kind enough to give me some Roman coins for my collection. I know these type of coins are very commin  over there but not much is known about them here. I would appreciate it very much if any of you folks in Wales would give me some information on these coins such as time lines where they were minted ect. any information would be helpful to me. I numbered each coin in these photos for reference THANKS!
yankee
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:20 AM »

So far this is what I have come up with am I finding correct information?                     Wales, nš 235679   is the centuries the history of IV, V DC and the first nš1  is Silver  Antonianum seems Emperors and the centuries II, III dc.
Greetings from Europe to our brothers on the other side!

THE Nš3 COIN.(VALENTINIANUS EMPEROR)

Flavius Valentinianus (321 - November 17 375) was emperor of the Western Roman Empire from 364 until 375. Cibalis Born in Pannonia, son of Gratian the Elder.

Began as the official guard Julian and Jovian, and was promoted to senior imperial service. Robust features and distinguished appearance, highlighted by his great courage and military capacity. He was elected emperor when he was 44 years for officers of the regiment of Nicaea in Bithynia, on February 28 from 364, and soon thereafter appointed his brother Valente colleague with him, as emperor.

The two brothers agreed Naissus (Nissa) the partition of the Empire. As emperor of the West, got Valentiniano Italy, Illyrian, Hispania, Gaul, Britain and Africa, Valente leaving the eastern half of the Balkan Peninsula, Greece, Egypt, Syria and Asia Minor to Persia. His reign was shaken by the revolt of Procopius, a relative of Julian. Valente succeeded in defeating Thyatria (Lidia) at 366, and Procopius was executed shortly thereafter.

During the short reign of Valentiniano I had wars in Africa, Germany and Britain, and Rome began to have conflicts with the barbaric peoples who first heard talk: Burgundian, Saxons, alamanes ...

The emperor's main task was to monitor the borders and conducting military operations. Installed its first headquarters in Milan, to appease northern Italy. The following year (365) settled in Paris and then in Reims, to direct operations of his generals against alamanes.

This town, defeated Scarpona (Charpeigne) and Catelauni (Chalons-en-Champagne) Jovine were expelled by the right bank of the Rhine, and were well guarded by a chain and strong military. At the end of 367 crossed the Rhine by surprise, attacking and plundering Moguntiacum (Mayence). Valentiniano countered and defeated in Solicinium pyrrhic, since the low in the Roman army was so large he had to abandon the idea of continuing his campaign against alamanes.

In 374 peace was signed with Macriano, King of the alamanes, which then became a faithful ally of Rome. The following year was spent organizing the defenses Valentiniano the border of the Rhine, and personally supervising the construction of numerous strengths.

During his reign the coasts of Gaul were looted by pirates Saxons, who along with pictos necklines and from Britannia struck the wall of Hadrian to the coast of Kent. In 368 Theodosius old was sent to repel the invaders. To achieve a new British province called Valentia in honor of the emperor.

In Africa won by default Firmo prince, who was joined by many of the inhabitants of the province, out of desperation by the cruelty and extortion to which they subjected the Roman military governor. Once again requested the services of Theodosius, who landed in Africa with a small group of veterans. Firmo suicide to avoid being taken prisoner.

374 in the quad, a Germanic tribe that lived in present Slovakia and Moravia, incited by building strong in what they considered their territory and by the treacherous murder of their king Gabino, crossed the river and settled in the province Pannon. In April the following year the emperor came to the Illyrian in front of a large army, but during a violent audience with the ambassadors in quad Brigetio, we launched a vessel to the head that caused a wound that he died on November 17 of that year.

THE Nš5,7,9(CONSTANTINUS EMPEROR)

Constantine I the Great (Naissus, February 27 272 - Ancycrona May 22 of 337) was Emperor of the Romans since its proclamation by his troops on July 25, 306, and ruled a constantly growing Roman Empire until his death.

Legalized Christianity by the Edict of Milan in 313, Constantine is also known for having consolidated the city of Byzantium (now Istanbul in Turkey), calling it "New Rome or Constantinople (Constantini-polis, the city of Constantine). Convened the First Council of Nicaea in 325, which gave legal legitimacy to Christianity in the Roman Empire for the first time. It is believed that this was essential to the expansion of this religion, and historians, from infancy and Eusebius of Caesarea to the present day, presented as the first Christian emperor, although he was baptized when he was on his deathbed

Monuments of Constantine.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:56:29 AM by yankee » Logged
ROMAN STEVE
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »

Sometimes you have got to i.d the back as well
as the front

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal