Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to say goodbye.....  (Read 2139 times)
JRD

« on: July 09, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »

to my E-Trac - my bad back is just not up to the weight!

So seriously considering selling it (gutted as as I really think it's a great machine, but my bad back just cannot handle it  Cry )

So the question is what to replace it with when I sell it?

I want a really light machine for obvious reasons but something that will live up to my expectations after being E-Trac spoilt!

Thinking of either a Fisher F75 or Teknetics T2 (special ed?) - do not know much about these machines other than the reviews I have read.

Can anyone recommend one over the other? Or something else (needs to be very light) - and Bob don't go all Deus on me  Grin

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
Mungo

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 07:27:21 PM »

our m8 came out today with his new toy.......very light.....Deus,  Shocked
it's nice when your using an Explorer or the like when tectin.......if every few paces you get a signal, cus you can put it down !! have a rest when finding the target  , then you feel a bit more refreshed for the next few paces.... Shocked it's when it's Quiet, that's when i feel the w8........... Cool
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 07:29:01 PM »

Grin  if you want a cheap Deus get a XP gold max lol or personnally for a lighter machine than the e trac my choice will be a t2 or f75  as chef told me they are good on there price  considering a etrac will cost completed and boxed for arround £100 and selling them for over a thousand of pound wow nice gross profit on that but thats metal detecting for you . I will try one first and see how it goes few members will have one sure they will let you have few hours of fun . bonne chance .Nap
doddy10

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »

Either the F75 or T2 will serve you well, if you are mainly detecting on ploughed land then also look at the goldbug/g2.
The Deus is seriously overrated, when you compare it's performance to the F75 or T2 you will see that you are paying for the Deus lightness and wireless technology.
 We did more testing today using every machine we could lay hands on and the only ones to perform were the F75, T2, G2 and goldbug. There is a new machine out monday that was also quite impressive, cannot remember the name of it , but information on it is on garys detecting website.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »

Can anyone recommend one over the other? Or something else (needs to be very light) - and Bob don't go all Deus on me  Grin

Well, if I wasn't satisfied with my fairy stick I think I'd be looking at the G2.  With the money saved from not buying the ultimate you could invest in a season ticket for Cardiff City!!!!  Wink     Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

JRD

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

Well, if I wasn't satisfied with my fairy stick I think I'd be looking at the G2.  With the money saved from not buying the ultimate you could invest in a season ticket for Cardiff City!!!!  Wink     Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Haha now there's a thought!  Grin

Seriously though F75 or T2 anyone else got any other opinions?

Metalmickey

Fisher F75 User.Some Men are Wise, Some Otherwise!

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »

I use the F75 & my db uses the T2, i`ll tell you the F75 is better & he`ll tell you the same !  Shocked Get a Fsher F75 mate  Wink

If you want to understand today, you have to search for yesterday !!
Meatslicer

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:46 AM »

I find the Etrac heavy but I havent got a back problem so I manage with a strap taking most of the weight.

I was suprised how light Peters F75 was when I picked it up once, and he has pretty good finds with his.

I would give one a try and see if you get on with it. Maybe part-ex the etrac for one?

Eric

22 Roman  Coins
13 Hammered
4 Georgian Silver
4 Silver love tokens
8 Victorian  Silver
40 Victorian Copper
6 Edwardian Silver
7 George IV
4 George V
0 Gold Coins
1 iron age gold
9 Roman Brooches
4 Copper Knobs
30 Buckles
1 med dagger hilt
1 Roman Spoon
2x Silver Gilt Treasure items
JRD

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 01:59:44 PM »

I find the Etrac heavy but I havent got a back problem so I manage with a strap taking most of the weight.

I was suprised how light Peters F75 was when I picked it up once, and he has pretty good finds with his.

I would give one a try and see if you get on with it. Maybe part-ex the etrac for one?

Eric

Yeah I held Peter's F75 yesterday and I was also impressed with how light it was. And as you say he always seems to get the goodies  Smiley

Have heard some people say it is a complicated machine though, yet others say it is an easy machine to use! The thing that puts me off the T2 is that it don't store your last config settings where as the F75 do - so I am kind of swaying towards the F75

anybody else got any knowledge of either or both of these machines - I would love to hear your views of which is the best one to get?

Cheers for all the responses so far.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal