Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Day We Started a Police Hunt.  (Read 4234 times)
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« on: November 05, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »

The Day We Started a Police Hunt.

A Few years ago Myself and Roy a Fellow Detectorist went to our club site to do some detecting.   

It was a bitterly cold February morning. we were dressed in our ex. Army Camo. gear.   When we got to the site we found that is was covered in thick freezing fog.   We decided it would be a good idea to put our S.A.S style balaclava's on to protect our faces and keep them warm.
After about a half hour of finding nothing Roy decided to go to another field which was alongside the busy A48 main road,   But he decided to keep his balaclava on whilst driving, and for some reason or other instead of driving across the main road and through a gateway and onto an area which led to a couple of fields he decided that it would be a good idea to park in a lay by on the opposite side of the road, Huh?. 
  We had some funny looks from the people in passing cars i can tell you.   The freezing fog was starting to lift by now,   Once we got all our things out and set up ready we made our way over the road and up into the field which was still pretty foggy,   

Afterswitching on my machine i pulled my balalava back down over my face, After a little while i noticed that the fog was lifting,    I Glanced down to the road and to the lay by where Roy had parked his car,   Geeze, whats happening there i thought !!!!. Police cars were parked in front and behind Roy's car and there were armed burly Police looking inside.

I shouted to Roy,   What the hell have you been up to now,?Huh?   I looked back down to the car and shouted out to the police, i raised my hands into the air with my shovel in one hand and my detector in the other, jumping , calling and waving frantically, trying to get their attention, I was fearing that they would break into his car and damage it in the process.   

I did manage to get their attention and a couple of them came over.     They waited at the fence while we walked down, i of coarse pulled my balaclava back up on the way down,   but for some reason or other Roy decided to keep his down over his face??? dohhh.   I was expecting the policman to ask him to remove it, but he didn't, Huh?   

I knew that i didn't have anything to hide,   only a well worn face some may say,   lol.   but its out of curtisey anyhow.   They were o.k after they'd seen what we were doing and i'd explained what we were doing ,  and had told them that we have permission to be there .   
They said they had to check us out as someone who was passing in a car had seen us by the road and dialled 999,   they thought we were armed robbers,.   There is a very old Manor house just up the side road from where the car was parked which houses some very Valuable paintings and furniture ect.    they thought we were going to break in after them.

Anyhow, they left us in peace after making some remark about Roy's choice of music from the tapes they'd seen in his car,   lol.   It doesn't always pay to pose and seek attention hey,   it usually comes back and bites you, it could very well have been with much very sharper teeth too.

Al.thepastfinder

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:38:22 PM by Al.Thepastfinder » Logged

Charles Cater

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »

What a couple of wallies the police were but I do understand why the commotion. Phew !!! I am glad it wasn't me. Shocked
Thanks for the post Alan, it was very interesting

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »

Tell you what Charles,  i was wishing it wasn't me there too lol
Al.
 I'll post the story i wrote about when me and our other mate went out and found 2 bronze age hoards one of these days .

JohnF

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »

Good story Al. I look forward to reading about your bronze age hoards.

You wont find a thing if you aint got that swing.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:43:40 PM »

Great Story Alan

I can see the confusion
When i got my camo my wife thinks i look like a terrorist lol  Grin

Keep um coming Alan

Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »

Yeah we do get to get some strange puzzled looks dressed like that hey, even in the services lol.
 i can understand why you didn't want to get into them at first Phil.  lol
Cheers now
Alan

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 08:44:20 AM »

Hi Alan

Well Im sad to say im dressed like Emporer Hirohito as we speak lol
Im waiting for Desmond to pick me up for a days digging down the vale lol

I was loading my black Detector case into the car the other day dressed like a Bosnian Mercenary when a group of kids Shouted ... Oi Mister Is that a shot gun ?   I didnt have the heart to say it wasnt
lol Im sure People around here think im the next Michael Ryan  Shocked(the Hugerford Guy)

If your off out later...be Lucky  Grin

regards Phil

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal